Sign in to follow this  
Dranana1

Rack for Bulk Storage Bins

Just now, JakeRivers said:

all the things

:/ I'm going to assume they are filled with ores and you are too lazy to smelt them.

37 minutes ago, Yiraia said:

:/ I'm going to assume they are filled with ores and you are too lazy to smelt them.

ores go in the smeltars

you can go on assuming all you want, there is a need for bsb racks, and the racks should hold at least 10 bsb's, 30 be great

there is a difference from one person living on a deed (which I will assume is your lonely life, you like to assume, so I can to) as opposed to many working on a deed, more people more bulk mats that add up to a lot of stuff in storage

for the record I do not store ores, they get processed into lovely lumps, logs and dirt go in crates

rock shards are the biggest culprit for filling bsb's but certainly is only a portion of my bulging bsb's all over the deed

this is just one of my deeds as well, it would be nice to have racks and centralize all the storage needs

46 minutes ago, Niki said:

i still need a boat rack first

this is not the boat rack topic, even though I am happy with ship transporters a boat rack may be interesting, so move along with your derailment =p

this topic is about why some people with many bsb's need bsb racks and why people with 3 bsb's do not

1 hour ago, JakeRivers said:

there is a difference from one person living on a deed (which I will assume is your lonely life, you like to assume, so I can to) as opposed to many working on a deed, more people more bulk mats that add up to a lot of stuff in storage

Two actually, I play with my girlfriend. And if you have a LOT of people, then you should have a larger storage. And with the bsbs in this picture..

First Picture: It doesn't look like that building is "full", it looks like a complete mess.. big difference. 2 bsbs per rack would give you walking space.

Second Picture: A small amount of bsbs that are probably just holding several different qualities, 2 bsbs per rack would have all those bsbs against the wall near you.

Third Picture: Another small amount of bsbs. 2 bsbs per rack would allow all of those to fit in the corner and not the whole wall.

Fourth and Fifth Picture: Just another mess.. 

You are asking to have 2-3 racks hold all the bsbs in the first image?

• Like 1

First picture has more than 50 bsb's, you can not see them all, sure a few can be combined together, but for the most part its various quality's of items. Maybe you shove all your quality together, I learned long ago its nice to keep this seperated, some are fine using 5-6 quality variations, others may divide a 100 by 5s or 2s, I have seen it.

If they make bsb racks you will see the mess gone, as I will no longer have these beasts cluttering up my floor space leaving no room for other things or sensible organization. I picture that room containing all the bulk bsb storage eventually with 20 racks or more. My work shops would all be 1 or 2 racks for each area.

First picture has more than 50 bsb's, you can not see them all, sure a few can be combined together, but for the most part its various quality's of items. Maybe you shove all your quality together, I learned long ago its nice to keep this seperated, some are fine using 5-6 quality variations, others may divide a 100 by 5s or 2s, I have seen it.

If they make bsb racks you will see the mess gone, as I will no longer have these beasts cluttering up my floor space leaving no room for other things or sensible organization. I picture that room containing all the bulk bsb storage eventually with 20 racks or more. My work shops would all be 1 or 2 racks for each area.

In our deed we separated the ores by 1-40, then by 10s (so 50-59, 60-69 and so on) so we have maybe about 7-8 bsbs in our Smithing building. All the ore is smelted beforehand too. The rock shards are in crates which can be put in the crate racks now. I would say Yir and I have an efficient and organized place (little bit of bragging there lol) :P The bsb racks would minimize some "clutter" in most of the other buildings including the Smithing building (along with Tailoring and Carp buildings we have) The crate rack helped so much for the Carp place o.o I love it \o/

If you did combine some items, maybe store some things in crates then put them into the crate racks most possibly you wouldn't need so many bsbs (??)

I love the bsb rack idea in general, though I am on the fence about the amount of bsbs you suggested into one rack. I see maybe 3-5 being a reasonable number of bsbs to fit into one rack since one bsb can hold up to 16,000 in volume so with 5 you can fit 80,000 volume of things. So I guess a +1 from me for the original post :)

Edited by PumperNickel

BsBs are fine as you can have several hundred types in each one where as crates suck for that, I don't want to pick through a rack of 30 crates for my imping lumps. 90ql+ stuff I sort by increments of 2 (mainly for gold/silver/steel/brass/bronze), pretty much down to elitism where anything under 50 can be shoved into the same bins.

22 minutes ago, JakeRivers said:

BsBs are fine as you can have several hundred types in each one where as crates suck for that, I don't want to pick through a rack of 30 crates for my imping lumps. 90ql+ stuff I sort by increments of 2 (mainly for gold/silver/steel/brass/bronze), pretty much down to elitism where anything under 50 can be shoved into the same bins.

So you have (just focusing on ores and rock shards) 1-50ql smelted down ores in one bsb, I don't know if I missed how much you increment by so I am going to assume by 5's so 8 more bsbs and then you do an increment of 2 so an additional 5 bsbs. Total is around 14 bsbs (if I did that simple math right :P) One bsb can hold around 16,000 iron lumps or 177,000 gold lumps <- I think this is right sorry if it's not. I would put the rock shards into crates because I feel that is more efficient for organizational purposes. A lot of lumps can fit into one bsb, so I am assuming in your picture the bsbs are filled with rock shards or you along with your citizens mine a crap ton of ores? 50+bsbs is an insane amount O.O

1 hour ago, PumperNickel said:

So you have (just focusing on ores and rock shards) 1-50ql smelted down ores in one bsb, I don't know if I missed how much you increment by so I am going to assume by 5's so 8 more bsbs and then you do an increment of 2 so an additional 5 bsbs. Total is around 14 bsbs (if I did that simple math right :P) One bsb can hold around 16,000 iron lumps or 177,000 gold lumps <- I think this is right sorry if it's not. I would put the rock shards into crates because I feel that is more efficient for organizational purposes. A lot of lumps can fit into one bsb, so I am assuming in your picture the bsbs are filled with rock shards or you along with your citizens mine a crap ton of ores? 50+bsbs is an insane amount O.O

You play wurm how you like and I will play wurm how I like, it is a sandbox after all.

Just don't be so single minded thinking a rack holding 3 bsb's is enough for everyone playing, really for 3 bsb's there is no point to have a rack in the first place.

It should hold 30 and everyone can decide on how many bsb's they want in there rack,you can play with 3 and I may have 10 or I may have 30, I want to have that choice though.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Yiraia said:

I dont love pushing crates around, thats why I have everything organized yet not neat looking. Before the crate racks i would just have a bunch of rocks shard crates in one area, one on top of another. Logs went somewhere else, a little area for support beams and wooden beams. If i have high quality mats i just move them a bit to the side from the creation quality group. You have to push crates and bsbs around to find things??? Just get a bigger house and organize things, easy solution. A rack near your forges that can hold 10 bsbs is way too much when a bsb can hold 16,000 iron lumps. If you want several different qualities, 2 bsbs per rack should be enough. 2 racks would give you access to 4 different qualities.

At my forge, I have a BSB for each of the following ql of iron: <70, 70-79, 80-89, 90-93, 94-96, 97, 98, 99, 100.

I have additional bsb's for metal bulk items, and another for miscellaneous items.

It would be a shame to have to construct 6 bsb racks just to hold 12 bsbs ... there wouldn't be a point to do so as it really wouldn't save much space or make things more convenient. Personally, if bsb racks were to come into the game, I would like to see each hold 10 bsbs or more even.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, McGarnicle said:

It would be a shame to have to construct 6 bsb racks just to hold 12 bsbs ... there wouldn't be a point to do so as it really wouldn't save much space or make things more convenient. Personally, if bsb racks were to come into the game, I would like to see each hold 10 bsbs or more even.

It would save double the space.

3 hours ago, Yiraia said:

It would save double the space.

No it would not, why don't you build a crate rack and see how many fit on a tile. =p

Stop with your trolling already, its not becoming of you.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JakeRivers said:

No it would not, why don't you build a crate rack and see how many fit on a tile. =p

Stop with your trolling already, its not becoming of you.

Learn to read, Its expected of you. I said...

On 17/08/2017 at 6:05 AM, Yiraia said:

-1 because the suggestion says "at least 3." The majority of deeds i've seen don't have storage issues with bsbs, only organization issues.

+1 if the width is half of a storage unit and stores 2 bsbs. Its just REALLY ugly seeing a floor filled with bsbs.

I have a crate rack and a large storage unit. If they were to be cut in half they would roughly be the length and width of a bulk storage bin. If you then add a second shelf thats where room would be for the second bsb. If you have a room with no bsbs touching, my version of a bsb rack would cut the bsb-taken space by half. Basically just putting 1 bsb on top the other. I'm also not attempting to troll at all, The storage that has been added recently is really dampening the need for large buildings in storage leaving large buildings only for looks.

@JakeRiversand @Yiraia

If I'm following your conversation correctly, you both agree that a bsb rack would be a good thing... but are arguing over the number of bsb's they hold?

Jake wants a storage rack with billions upon billions of bsb's (or maybe like 50, or 30... something substantial).

Yiraia wants a storage rack with 2 bsb's, not 3, but 2.

Honestly, I'm a bit over the racks entirely at this point.  Nuff with the racks, what else you got?  My consolation is that it's probably coded in such a way that creating a new type of rack is a lot simpler now, and requiring a new graphic for a new rack can really only be good for Saroman's pension fund, so what the heck... why not. 

Point is, you guys pretty much agree with each other.  You both think bsb racks would be a good thing, and both would like to see them in game.  The rest is just details for the devs to figure out, that's why they're paid the big... medium ... that's why they're paid the bucks.

I'd rather see you guys arguing over how many saddlebags should go in a saddlebag rack, cuz then at least we'd have saddlebags.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Yiraia said:

Learn to read, Its expected of you. I said...

I have a crate rack and a large storage unit. If they were to be cut in half they would roughly be the length and width of a bulk storage bin. If you then add a second shelf thats where room would be for the second bsb. If you have a room with no bsbs touching, my version of a bsb rack would cut the bsb-taken space by half. Basically just putting 1 bsb on top the other. I'm also not attempting to troll at all, The storage that has been added recently is really dampening the need for large buildings in storage leaving large buildings only for looks.

Well your argument is pointless, you want something less for all, when the obvious choice is to make it hold 30 same as all the other racks and let everyone decide how many bsb's they would like to store, not how many racks they need to store the same amount.

People will build the size of the building they want, again you are trying to decide what people would like to build based on your 'needs' and your assumptions on how everyone plays wurm or should.

You think someone should have to build 20 bsb racks to hold 40 bsb's of dirt when 2 would do just fine, or what ever else they choose to store in a bsb, these things are seeing greater use now as a full bsb can be moved by wagon or ship.

Really all racks should hold 100 of whatever, changing the herb racks to 30 meant instead of having 10 racks you now need 30+ for the same amount, but still the 30 quantity of storage space is still usable, limiting a rack to 2 is just being lame and achieves nothing in clearing up objects laying around the deed.

3 minutes ago, Reylaark said:

Honestly, I'm a bit over the racks entirely at this point.  Nuff with the racks, what else you got?  My consolation is that it's probably coded in such a way that creating a new type of rack is a lot simpler now, and requiring a new graphic for a new rack can really only be good for Saroman's pension fund, so what the heck... why not. 

Indeed

People will build the size of the building they want, again you are trying to decide what people would like to build based on your 'needs' and your assumptions on how everyone plays wurm or should.

Its not about my needs, Its about how much easier storage would be. A good amount of updates brought less activity to the game, like transmutating tiles. If 30 bsbs would fit in 1 rack and they where only allowed 1 on each tile (doubt it, but assuming) then a 2x3 dinky little place could store 180 bulk storage bins... Storing items shouldn't be just crafting a container that holds a massive amount of times.

Spoiler

The photo above shows the only reason why i want a bsb rack with 2 bsbs to fit alone. If you cut that rack in half (The section labeled 1) above in half then the width and length is about a bsb (in the 3 section). The shelf above would be room to put another bsb ( 2 section). Without a rack, its just a bunch of bsbs on the ground and room up in the air for more. Looking at this picture though, if the rack was the same size I would be okay with 4 bsbs in a rack this size... But asking for 30 to be in there is just WAY too much. so full +1 to the suggestion now :D Image cleared it up for me.

• Like 1

Well for me I would like to see the bsb ql sorting put in WO from the WU mod more than a bsb rack - but Im fine with 30 bsbs in a rack if I cannot sort a bsb by ql. I ahve a ton of fsb's and bsb's I want to tidy up jsut like Jake. To me a bsb rack is a ql improvement and not negative in any way.

• Like 1

I don't care if my "storage" area gets too empty I can find other junk to fill up the space, bsb racks that hold at least 5-10 would be neat

If anything it could enable putting down racks solely for the purpose of separating each material by ql, such as iron, copper, steel, etc and it would still take up space by having more racks than you normally would need, rather than cramming everything into the same bunch of bsbs sprawled out across a floor

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Yiraia said:

A good amount of updates brought less activity to the game, like transmutating tiles

LMAO

prove that tile transmutation brought less activity to the game

you are so full it

I am happy for you though that your only concern is storage for the 2 bsb's you own.

MrGary that was my thoughts exactly, more racks to sort things out even more.

They could not make shelves for bsb's, but a rack full of bsb's is a much better solution.

I expanded my main work shop recently to better organize it, but you are still stuck with bsb's littering the work area and I would love to see them vanish into racks.

I've built a really nice warehouse and i don't stockpile that much, i'd vote a subjective minus 1 but that's not how i wish to commit.

+1

On ‎8‎/‎24‎/‎2017 at 6:24 PM, Rhianna said:

Well for me I would like to see the bsb ql sorting put in WO from the WU mod more than a bsb rack

Since WO must maintain its status of inferiority in this respect a 10 capacity bulk storage bin container would work for me as a substitute. With the current situation those bulk bins take up a lot of space and make the insides of buildings look very cluttered no matter their arrangement. Crate racks have opened the pandora's box and proven the concept can be done and yes it should be for bulk bins as well.

=Ayes=

• Like 2