Sign in to follow this  
Dranana1

Rack for Bulk Storage Bins

I want a rack that you could place at-least 3 Bulk Storage Bins on. I think that would be a fair amount without going overboard, it would also help with the clutter problems some people have (like me).

Edited by Dranana1
  • Like 4

+1 Been asked for many times - prefer a rack to stack 10 BSBs tho !

• Like 2

I suppose from a technical aspect, it ought to be functionally similar to the crate racks that are already coming, so wouldn't take too much to do this? *hopeful*

-1 because the suggestion says "at least 3." The majority of deeds i've seen don't have storage issues with bsbs, only organization issues.

+1 if the width is half of a storage unit and stores 2 bsbs. Its just REALLY ugly seeing a floor filled with bsbs.

• Like 1

lol
If you offer your little finger, they want your arms :D
I want ships rack, I can't see the sea from my caravels and corbitas. I hope I will be able to load the ships with crates in it into ships rack. :D

• Like 1

I'd be happy with a rack for empty bsbs, as has been suggested in the past. Racks for fillable bsbs seems a bit OP in my opinion, unless implemented along the lines suggested by Yiraia

• Like 1

Yes please this would make the game much more fun and easier! 10 bsb please

I'd rather have assorted bsb that don't merge the ql, in WU there is this mod/spell to opt if merging or non merging effect.

• Like 3

Yes again.  I want my factory to look like home depot, with racks reaching 3 stories high!

Seriously though, anything to help increase how many items can fit on a tile is good for me.  I do my best to cleverly overlap BSBs, hide them behind other things like forges, put them on upper shelves (the second floor) and whatnot.  It gets frustrating when "too cluttered here" messages pop up.

12 hours ago, Cecci said:

I'd rather have assorted bsb that don't merge the ql, in WU there is this mod/spell to opt if merging or non merging effect.

This is really the ideal solution with bulk and food bins. They sort the QL by 10's. Then at 90+ QL it goes down to 1's. With this solution you would need only a few bins and maybe some more for storing massive items (dirt/logs/shards) that would completely fill them up. Also if the "Bless" spell is used on them they will no longer sort items by QL for those who don't care about dirt QL and such.

=Ayes=

As a BSB rack sound cool I'm kind of against it.  I need one for sure as I have a warehouse with 15+ bsbs on the ground I walk between, but since BSB is a bulk item I'd say it's too heavy or too large to fit into a rack.

Empty BSB's can be dropped on the ground in one tile so it's not so bad if empty.

Completely understand for organization, but not for BSB though.  Wouldn't need 2 of my warehouses anymore either then.  Just my 2 iron.

+1. Please, please implement this. It, along with the crate rack, are a massive boon to those of us who are hoarders. Anybody who doesn't want it could simply not use it, whereas those of us who would like the ability to tidy up our deeds would have access to it.

Edited by Delacroix

+5 .... WE WANT THIS PLEASE .... This would be great. I want it would help a lot with cleaning up deeds. I mean we have it for the crates, planters, large storage racks so why not make some for bulk storage bens and food storage bens.

-1 cause the original poster was being short sighted in saying 3

+1 cause my forges are surrounded by various bsb's and unless you use creative multi-floor storage solutions and hold your tongue just right when trying to access over head bsb''s it all sucks half your bsb's are always out of range of your forge

BSB Racks should hold at least 10, nice round number for those who like to sort by 10's, but I would not mind racks holding more, 30 or so as I hoard empty bsb's and always looking for places to stash them

1 hour ago, Bastet said:

+5 .... WE WANT THIS PLEASE .... This would be great. I want it would help a lot with cleaning up deeds. I mean we have it for the crates, planters, large storage racks so why not make some for bulk storage bens and food storage bens.

The racks, at this point, is not even a method of "cleaning" a deed. Its a method of cramming more objects into 1 tile. The Barrel racks, Crate racks, and others should really only hold however much the graphics show, no more or less, imo. But instead I see like 7 barrels organized nicely on a rack, and 30 barrels magically inside of it. It would be amazing to see a person who progressed far in the game and stockpiled on resources with a building like this...

Spoiler

warehouse-led.jpg

With floors and floors of crate racks holding a fair amount of crates well organized. But instead people just want to hold all their resources in a 2x2 1 story house... Or 1 tile so they could sit near a forge with millions of lumps near them @JakeRivers

4 minutes ago, JakeRivers said:

BSB Racks should hold at least 10, nice round number for those who like to sort by 10's, but I would not mind racks holding more, 30 or so as I hoard empty bsb's and always looking for places to stash them

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Yiraia said:

The racks, at this point, is not even a method of "cleaning" a deed. Its a method of cramming more objects into 1 tile. The Barrel racks, Crate racks, and others should really only hold however much the graphics show, no more or less, imo. But instead I see like 7 barrels organized nicely on a rack, and 30 barrels magically inside of it. It would be amazing to see a person who progressed far in the game and stockpiled on resources with a building like this...

Hide contents

warehouse-led.jpg

With floors and floors of crate racks holding a fair amount of crates well organized. But instead people just want to hold all their resources in a 2x2 1 story house... Or 1 tile so they could sit near a forge with millions of lumps near them @JakeRivers

Clearly you have never  been to one of my warehouses, plus there is a huge difference from a warehouse to a workshop.

Warehouse you store things.

Workshop you build things you don't need bsb's covering your work area.

I truly do not understand the dev team, when they brought out the rack system they should of did all the racks at the same time.

Crates

BsBs

Etc.

Edited by JakeRivers

44 minutes ago, JakeRivers said:

Warehouse you store things.

Workshop you build things you don't need bsb's covering your work area.

And you want a shelf that holds 10 bsbs inside the same area you build things using your forges?

5 minutes ago, Yiraia said:

And you want a shelf that holds 10 bsbs inside the same area you build things using your forges?

Less storage bins on the floor the easier I can find the items I am crafting, perhaps you love pushing crates and bsb's around to find items you make, I know most do not.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, JakeRivers said:

Less storage bins on the floor the easier I can find the items I am crafting, perhaps you love pushing crates and bsb's around to find items you make, I know most do not.

I dont love pushing crates around, thats why I have everything organized yet not neat looking. Before the crate racks i would just have a bunch of rocks shard crates in one area, one on top of another. Logs went somewhere else, a little area for support beams and wooden beams. If i have high quality mats i just move them a bit to the side from the creation quality group. You have to push crates and bsbs around to find things??? Just get a bigger house and organize things, easy solution. A rack near your forges that can hold 10 bsbs is way too much when a bsb can hold 16,000 iron lumps. If you want several different qualities, 2 bsbs per rack should be enough. 2 racks would give you access to 4 different qualities.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Yiraia said:

I dont love pushing crates around, thats why I have everything organized yet not neat looking. Before the crate racks i would just have a bunch of rocks shard crates in one area, one on top of another. Logs went somewhere else, a little area for support beams and wooden beams. If i have high quality mats i just move them a bit to the side from the creation quality group. You have to push crates and bsbs around to find things??? Just get a bigger house and organize things, easy solution. A rack near your forges that can hold 10 bsbs is way too much when a bsb can hold 16,000 iron lumps. If you want several different qualities, 2 bsbs per rack should be enough. 2 racks would give you access to 4 different qualities.

good for you

• Like 1

I want all these bsb's loaded into tidy racks, plus the dozens of others not in the screen shot.

Spoiler

ssYlxKB.jpg

6CbyjBx.jpg

f3xaRyX.jpg

gPJrzZX.jpg

nmJWBCX.jpg

21 minutes ago, Yiraia said:

And these bsbs are filled with??

all the things