Sign in to follow this  
Ozgod

Revisiting Alchemy

I've been thinking about other spells or enchants I'd like to see in Wurm - but that'd also call for new Gods under the Deity system - and rather than introduce a whole NEW sorcery system - why not look to Alchemy?

• Revisiting the Alchemy system to enchant items - i.e. affinities when worn, or effects like 'glow' to provide luminance at night when an alchemical potion is applied to the item.
  • Potions that can imbue items or players with travel/teleportation - i.e. use a potion give a pair of shoes or ring the ability to recall a player back to their deed or a designated location up to 3x (or if the potion is of high enough QL make it a permanent enchantment to the item) or a potion to teleport a specific item or object (i.e. 'Send this item/object to my deed token.)
  • Offensive potions to 'throw' at targets
  • Slow decay on items - or even speed it up on others.

Just an idea. I'm curious to know what other think or suggestions they have.

-1, Tools are already as good as they need to be and foods already give affinities. something new would be nice

Speaking as a priest, we've not seen *useful* new content in a fair few years (at least nothing a bless bot can't quickly do).

-1 from me as it stands