Sign in to follow this  
Ahlor

Path of insanity tile

How i find a path of insanity tile? Wiki says it can be on flatt or non flatt tile inside a mine... But it does not say if it need to be like Love path where you need a 3*3 tile flatt...

Is it only 1 tile for Insanity? 

Kind of a med until you find it spot, I typically find them easily, it may be difficult to find one and I've had great luck, but that hasn't been the case in my experience.

Its just a tile inside a mine, meditate in random spots until you find one, or search abandoned mines and look for signs people have left where the tile is

As far as I'm aware, PoI has a harder time/can't find med tiles of their path. The trick is to have someone else (on another/no path) meditate in the mine until they find the "this is a special place" message.

I think it is important to point out that the reason for needing someone on another or no path to find it is because it will not give the special place message to the insanity player. Depending on how motivated you are, it only takes a small change to create a special tile so you can stay in one place and mine the floor once (and use concrete to flatten the floor back if you are ocd like most here) and try the four tiles around that point over and over until you create an insanity tile.

what I do is just start the meditation until I get a start message and then cancel the med and see if its a message that corresponds with insanity, if its not I try one or two more times on that tile and then move onto the next

usually takes me 5-10 minutes to find a tile

meditation messages:

Spoiler

-- Insanity Path --
                medString = "Are they after you?";
                medString = "Who was that?";
                medString = "When? When when when?";
                medString = "It sure is dark.";
                medString = "Where does eternity begin?";
                medString = "Am I here, really?";
                medString = "What is this smell?";
                medString = "Isn't life really pretty disgusting?";
                medString = "Who built the mountains?";
                medString = "You consider whether you are supposed to be here.";
                medString = "Is all this a coincidence?";
                medString = "You try to fathom the number of grains of sand in the world.";
                medString = "Is this all part of a plan?";
                medString = "You try to figure out what your moral obligations are.";
                medString = "You think about how people can torture each other and who decides who will live and who will die.";
                medString = "The thought that someone is watching strikes you. ";
                medString = "You think of all the people that decide your fate.";
                medString = "A sense of hopelessness suddenly strikes.";
                medString = "You feel like laughing like a donkey.";
                medString = "You decide not to breathe at all. Does the future already exist?";
                medString = "You are beset by thoughts of demons.";
                medString = "You start meditating over recent events.";

Edited by platinumteef
  • Like 5

I get the message you need more insight  to advance or whatever ...forget the exact phrasing offhand.

Yeah you get not enough skill or not enough time messages but if you are not eligible for either type you get nothing.

That list is certainly handy to have though

just beware that sometimes you won't get those messages.  I dunno why but every insanity tile I've commonly used on epic never gives them but on freedom i get them all the time

I have tiles marked in my mine, still when its question time I get all the doubters, are you sure this is a insanity spot!

6 hours ago, JakeRivers said:

I have tiles marked in my mine, still when its question time I get all the doubters, are you sure this is a insanity spot!

I apologized, Jake.

• Like 1

Just make an underground chamber 3x3, all tiles must have flat floor. Center tile will be insanity one.

At least it's working for me that way.

13 hours ago, Jberg said:

As far as I'm aware, PoI has a harder time/can't find med tiles of their path. The trick is to have someone else (on another/no path) meditate in the mine until they find the "this is a special place" message.

I -as a non-PoI guy- used to find a LOT of insanity tiles in mines, at any height, any slopes etc. I think Jberg's workaround solution should work well, ask someone who is not PoI to survey your place.

Edited by Jaz

i always flatten three b three and one of the flattened tiies is guaranteed to be one.. since I found that out, now I flatten tiles one by one and meditate on them one by one one by two, one by two by three etc...you won't even finish the three by three pattern.. later happy trails..