Sign in to follow this  
Iberis

Rare coin for tending a field

Please make this happen. It's so disappointing to tend a farm get a rare roll and then get nothing for it. It's one of the few rare rolls that are pointless and makes a player go awhhh.

Should be a coin like fighting, burying, foraging etc.

• Like 9

+1

Pretty sure this is something EVERYONE has thought every time we get absolutely nothing.

Edited by Nomadikhan
  • Like 2

don't you get a greater crop yield for the effort?

I think if you want coins forage or hunt, they should not just drop from the sky for every task you do

-1, they have a purpose, though not a very great one yes.  having coins drop for doing a normal daily task in combination with coin farmers.. yeah no

• Like 1

+1

Either that or give rare rolls in farming a more useful effect. Getting a few extra vegetables when you've likely got dozens of other squares waiting to be harvested isn't that helpful.

Edited by Attenia

Just for the record, a rare coin roll is different to a rarity roll. 

Adding the rare coins to tending would not change those rolls 

17 minutes ago, Etherdrifter said:

-1  Far too easy to farm (pun intended)

Hello Protunia, you have returned!

• Like 1

+1

It's one of the few rare rolls that actually make me unhappy to see.

Most objections to them being easy to farm have more to do with redistribution of kingdom wealth being, not broken, but crude and largely thoughtless.

3 hours ago, MrGARY said:

-1, they have a purpose, though not a very great one yes.  having coins drop for doing a normal daily task in combination with coin farmers.. yeah no

What does it do then? Was under the impression rarity rolls while farming do nothing, not even improving the field.

1 hour ago, Syr said:

What does it do then? Was under the impression rarity rolls while farming do nothing, not even improving the field.

When you get a rarity roll during farming, you will get a few more veggies when you harvest that tile I believe.

I would love to get a coin when a rarity roll happens during farming, but I kinda agree with what Mr. Gary and JakeRivers said too. Sooo -1 for me sadly, there are other things you can do to get coins if you happen to get a rare coin roll.

Edited by PumperNickel

At least you get something in the form of an extra tater, rare roles while praying or drinking water do nothing.

-1, I dont even like foraging/botanizing, hunting, or anything of the sort offering money. Extra -1 to the thought of getting 1 silver occasionally for a necessary skill to mass produce cotton, wemp and foods.

• Like 1

If the rare rolls on tending fields are upsetting because their minimal use then lets propose a fix to them. Im also unhappy when i get a rare prayer, or a rare heal, but that doesnt make it a charity. Perhaps a rare tend can yield a rare crop from the tile when harvested, to put it in line with most other rare rolls we encounter.

What I think also needs to be looked at - butchering doesnt ever get rare rolls, at all. Cant get a rare pelt for smithing or rare meat to cook with without using a bone.

-1. Coins should not drop from daily chores. Also I don't see the reason of coins from foraging/botanizing while there is a positive effect of them dropping from burying corpses - that is a bonus for the litter removal.

it makes sense in real life you are tilling soil boom you find a coin I do it all the time in real life gardening I find tons of coins turning soil.. in my house garden.. +! +1 +1 +1 +1  it just makes sense to have it..same as foraging and botanizing.. let them roll..

1 hour ago, psisimian said:

it makes sense in real life you are tilling soil boom you find a coin I do it all the time in real life gardening I find tons of coins turning soil.. in my house garden.. +! +1 +1 +1 +1  it just makes sense to have it..same as foraging and botanizing.. let them roll..

I gotta get me a house garden... If it works like this suggestion i should occasionally find dollar bills inside it

If not dropping a coin from the tending crops rare roll then just remove it! Getting 1-2? extra crops from that one field is really a waste of the rare roll that could be put to much better use if available for other things currently in effect.

=Ayes=