Sign in to follow this  
Ehizellbob

Kingdom shields

Pretty self explaining really, a new craftable shield design, with kingdom logo on it. Much like the wagons and such we have now. I think it'd be a nice, fresh addition to the game.

• Like 3

I believe that these could be an amazing addition to the game. We have added things like this in other games and it has contributed in major ways to how group fights felt to players.

In my opinion, this could either be done by implementing a specific shield for all kingdoms that just applies their logo, or one could go further and suggest that each kingdom has the chance to create a specific set of armor and weaponry to set themselves apart from others. 

For example, Freedomers could be presented with a very friendly Knight type armor, example in spoiler:

Spoiler

8c0ad03d4eda1913f421f45c413e41d5--mediev

Whereas for instance, the Crusaders could design an armor more like this, for example:

Spoiler

6b38f45ff02506bcf2f24ef408fc4b35.jpg

Or the Horde as an evil legion, could go for something darker, perhaps like this:

Spoiler

cf35bc2886edc23854ad09453d78087c--fantas

I think that, as a bottom line, it would be amazing if each kingdom could design a set of armor and weaponry specifically for members of their own kingdom, perhaps with an added restriction to the item so that only members of said kingdom can wear it. It would make the entire feel of having one's own kingdom or being part of one much stronger than just showing it with tabards in my opinion.

• Like 1

something that checks what kingdom you belong to if you're strutting about on Freedom. So you'd actually have to join a kingdom to prance around with it.

Since they do the kingdom check when plotting course, I guess that should be possible ?

Edited by Cenotaph
  • Like 1

Rather than a kingdom on your shield I would rather see either a alliance or village, preferably village coat of arms.

This would seem more traditional as well, I would hate to be stuck with a freedom kingdom tag on my shield for the same reason I don't wear a tabard on freedom.

Edited by JakeRivers
  • Like 1

51 minutes ago, JakeRivers said:

Rather than a kingdom on your shield I would rather see either a alliance or village, preferably village coat of arms.

This would seem more traditional as well, I would hate to be stuck with a freedom kingdom tag on my shield for the same reason I don't wear a tabard on freedom.

Yeah the freedom kingdom emblem looks ... I don't wear a tabard either. Id probably stop using a shield altogether if it had the freedom emblem on it.

Tie it with this, ancient, but lovely suggestion 

I would be glad to buy a moneysink item or an item from the cash shop that allows your village to make its own emblem, even if from a preset bunch, much like customizing the character window has a few options you mix and match. (of course I'm also very much in favor of it being free ;))

Or, come up with a few designs we can pick from for some variety, like we can make cloth armour and then change it to have a different look by turning it into green/black/whatever other cloth armour there is.

Shield - right click with brass or bronze lump - create - wolf shield, lion shield, flower shield, cross shield

or something along these lines

Either way +1 for variety!

• Like 2

+1 for village/alliance emblems

-1 for kingdom

I think we all know why.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Etherdrifter said:

-1 for kingdom

I think we all know why.

I don't know why

With art assets already in place, why not, we could skip a new chair model next month.

On 8/14/2017 at 8:59 PM, Etherdrifter said:

-1 for kingdom

I think we all know why.

+1

+1 Also +1 for village / alliance shields.   Also I don't know why either 

Edited by Rhianna

+1 would pay RL money, to CC, if need be for it happen :P 

if it works like tabards +1

otherwise nop, you guys make enough from wagons and stuff

I would also fix tabards with a right click option to select what PMK you want to show (for freedom only)

Edited by Niki