Sign in to follow this  
rosedragon

They say no one leave Wurm, they are just taking a break.

They don't warn me that they will be missing me even after three years passed. I would have to admit that Wurmians saying hi to me on facebook, steam, or other means over the past 3 years makes me smiles and inflate my chest of 'oh my, they still remember me!' I left three years ago with this reason:

I am a creator, I have life goals, I can't stagnant and spend my time in game. So I quit, with hopeful thinking to be able to get back on my feet making games.

And so I think some might interested to know what kind of 'productivity' I have.

A few months after I quitting Wurm I start to work for Baidu (Chinese google so to say). I start there at first doing translations from English to Indonesian for android game apps then move on to providing localization for Chinese android games, curate games for Baidu's version of google play store, being the community manager for their forum, and so on. The current project is cooperating with a small dev team to create a mobile RPG that is local themed but with spices of modern anime taste. The game is called 'Legenda Nusantara', it is not fully launched yet, and only available in the Indonesian language. Here are some screenshots of the game:

ro7A9xa.png

cs9j1QX.png

My job desc is 'game designer' but I do a variety of things from folklores and references research, coordinating team, story writing, to community managing.

I also do freelance work for a puzzle maker company called PuzzleBoss, I operate their CMS to develop new puzzles for people to play on their Android phone and tablets.

In my spare times, I have found myself interested in roleplaying and going back to Minecraft. First I was joining a Minecraft roleplay server, but when that server is dying, I decided to make my own, called AEnasan. It has its own website, and also extensive wiki, but now it is gone since there weren't many people joining us and I lost interest in Minecraft RP due to things like hard work as server owner (my fault, of making the server requires a lot of custom contents) and unable to online at peak time to do RP. It was great when it last tho, I even remake Deathfell with a statue of Viletona (a deity inspired by Libila. Sadly, somehow I don't have the picture of the finished one). Here are a few pics of it.

ewTYKSm.jpg

5Ot0LF1.png

pixel_foods_by_rosedragoness-dbfr9yk.jpg

I played a bit of MOBA game Paragon and joined an art group. Right after they start working with the developers, I quit because I lost interest in the game. (imagine playing MOBA with 300ms ping that sometimes decides to go 1000ms... it is not fun). Not much awesome memories but I draw some stuff I guess.

Nowadays, I am doing a few forum-based roleplay on Iwaku. One of the RP almost reaching 10k replies which will be around 2000 pages if they were pasted into a word document. This one RP, that taken in the world of Sundalle, have inspired me so much that  I created more than 30 artworks for it. Here is some of them.

the_gardener_and_the_flower_by_rosedrago

agnik_by_rosedragoness-dbhhyf6.jpg

Besides that, I have invested on many many acrylic paints and goes back on doing some traditional paintings.

white_crater_at_foggy_day_by_rosedragone
the_rosedragon_painting_by_rosedragoness

A little shameless advertising, you can see more of my artworks at https://rosedragoness.deviantart.com/

I will be back on Wurm in a few days or something. Afterall, I got free time at work now and I feel I want to try the idea of roleplaying to a bigger extent than before in Wurm.

Cheers!

Edit: I see the place where my old deed was is undeeded, although it is turned to a wilderness. One of my old accounts irisdragon still accessible too so I am happy with that. Thanks for everyone in game that kindly helping this becoming-newbie-again person. xD 

regards,

rosedragon

Edited by rosedragon
  • Like 19

You've always done amazing artwork Rose, and looks like you are having fun doing it. I look forward to seeing you pop back over to Wurm again! :)

Thanks for letting us know what you do, we talked about you just the other day.

You are still one of the more legendary characters in Wurm!

Btw, check out the tapestry competition, Rosedragon, you prolly have some good stuff to submit!

Edited by Cecci

15 minutes ago, Cecci said:

Thanks for letting us know what you do, we talked about you just the other day.

You are still one of the more legendary characters in Wurm!

Btw, check out the tapestry competition, Rosedragon, you prolly have some good stuff to submit!

Every time I sneeze it probably because a Wurmian been talking about me! I have submitted to the tapestry competition before writing these, although I do not bother of creating a new art. Yet.

• Like 4

I'm seriously afraid already about Wurm which entangles us and will not let us free. Will I ever decide to quit the game I'll move to an island with no internet, no electricity and no line of sight to any comms satellites.

Good to hear about you, Rosedragon and welcome back!!!

Nice to see that you have been doing good in the real world.

Welcome back to our world of Wurm  

The Venerable Fat Roselightning was found at sea trying to cross the border a long time ago. Cared for by Rosedragon it grazes in a field at Yoitsu Meadow waiting for you.

Edited by zorako
  • Like 1

Libila needs you more then ever, join the fight to get her back.

checked more of your stuff, looks great, this should be a good entry for competition

noradfinal_by_rosedragoness-dbdcm3h.jpg

• Like 2