Sign in to follow this  
Sila

Highway protection work -Xanadu

22 hours ago, Flubb said:

Lower vein:

[22:52:16] It has a max quality of 36.

[22:52:16] You will be able to mine here 755 more times.

-Iron veins to be excavated, both relatively quick grabs for iron if you bring a smelter.

I may swing by and take this bad boy down in the next day or two, assuming I can find it.

EDIT: I removed it.

Edited by Ajala
  • Like 1

O20 to P22 is widened with a new section as can be seen from the new dump. Just a rejig of the road to the bay in p22 to finish and@Vanninis on that. We will then drop the eyes and stones down. I have also widened and paved the tunnel in o20.

While Vannin finishes his bit I'm starting north from o20 and linking to the north east highway that @LumpyGravybuilt. It might take me some time but the long term aim is after that we can start on the p22 to Esteron route. Slowly due to in game time but working on it. :)

Edited by yetian
  • Like 3

i have a problem for conecting Lomere to linton:

[11:05:59] You do not have permission to plant a catseye on (or next to) "Bearfoot Vinyard".  Gordonlee, cool, Bearfoot Vinyard

[12:16:58] You do not have permission to plant a catseye on (or next to) "The Grange".   Velas, mayor, The Grange

ftm solved  maked a way around it

Edited by Aonime

Small update. Still waiting for Vannin to finish his bit. ;)

Naitey my alt has moved from the o20 tunnel and widened over the steppe into N20. Some diagonal slopes to fix where they are a bit wonky, then on into the deep forest.

Half way up the northern stretch in n20 now, so despite my lack of time I'm making progress. ? Already spoken to Lumpy as his friend has a deed I'll connect to. 

I'll keep plugging away and get it done soon.... ish. ?

• Like 1

Reached the crossroads in M20 tonight and started east. No big news but just posting updates. ? 

Once the road is ready and connected eyes will be going down quickly. 

Is there any known activity in connecting Linton and Lomere via the southern route (O/P/Q line)?

I've begun plotting the route westward from Esteron, starting with the link-up to my deed on the Q/R line at 24. If all goes as planned it should run west/northwest out of Esteron, passing between the large cluster of mountains and the small mountain, then skirting southward down the western edge of the steppe to the old 2-tile highway running through my deed that comes up from the coast. Then I hope to upgrade sections of that road and extend it further west along the ridge and either over or through the small mountain in the centre of the Q/R23 line. The idea will be to keep slopes to a maximum of 10 dirt along the whole stretch (thank you Newspring folks for the inspiration). Progress will be slow, as I've other projects on the go, not to mention RL, but I'll be chipping away at it.

What will be really tricky, though, is connecting this highway from Q/R23 to the P22 area. The only options as far as I can see are (a) some very long bridges spanning dirt pillars in the lake, (b) a very long tunnel through the mountain massif, or (c) a massive dump of dirt along the mountain/coast.

Lomere is connected till Peris  i'm working now in the mine there getting rid of the veins

3cba4f3b9f807fe987b7d41f78b7801a.png

Edited by Aonime
  • Like 3

@GwynI messaged you about thoughts we had for Esteron to p22 links. I'm working on o20 to the northern network.

I have also done from o20 to p22 almost, @Vanninhas his bit to do before we put eyes on that stretch. I'm sure between us we could work a route out. We were thinking of going south from cashtal cabbyl market which will be our connection, then east over a 2 tile bridge (over the canal there), then to the mountain and south along it's base.

So from Q23, west, NW along the mountain base to south of La Verna, then over the canal and north to Cashtal Cabbyl market.

Edited by yetian
  • Like 1

Got an update on the tunnel near the former Beehive and mining Coorp in the making, just gonna have a few more touch ups before I post an "official" update on it. I've started catseyeing Thorin's coastal road under the tunnel though. I'll have to turn a lot of crops (and passive favor) into dirt to fix some narrow passages, so meanwhile:

On 9.2.2018 at 8:30 AM, Sila said:

I wish some progress for summerholt... 

Wish granted. Took a look at the map dump you posted and it was basically just one last segment that was highway ready and well reinforced with guard towers. (Kudos to the original builder)

Unlike the Emerald Highway, where travelling on is most aptly described as a nightmarish fever dream.

I1VJtUB.jpg

Add to TODO: Place at least 3 guard towers between Weird Wonders and Whitefay because holy ######.

Anyway, about 650 catseyes later, the Summerholt area is now connected, check your Find Route for all the new "neighbors" we made.

Also thanks to Northuunal who dropped by in the middle of the night to bring 2 backpacks of eyes to a pillock roadbuilder who brought too few catseyes of himself. (It always looks so small on the map!)

Edited by Flubb

Aonime any news on lormere... that will be also big part of highway and is popular area, i dont think someone care for Esteron area :D 

Edited by Sila

Plenty care for the Esteron area, just because it gets less attention from people in this thread doesn't mean it's forgotten.

There was a post earlier and I have said myself that in time we'll connect the road I'm working on from p22 to Esteron. Once the road to connect p22 to the northern network is done, I can help with the Esteron road from our end in p22.

I'll be back Sunday to continue the north road, just had a busy week.

Edited by yetian

@Sila i'm still mining out the peris mine still 3 iron veins and 2 lead veins needs to be gone. Then need get reinforcing some part of the mine. So still alot of work  :D

Edited by Aonime

14 hours ago, yetian said:

Plenty care for the Esteron area, just because it gets less attention from people in this thread doesn't mean it's forgotten.

Yep, I'm making good progress on the Esteron-to-P22 section. Doing it properly, i.e. with gentle grades, takes some time. I've just finished one flat 23-tile bridge and am now working on a second 35-tile one to complete a bit that runs between two mountains. That's a whole lot of bricks and mortar that need to be made and laid.

• Like 1

@GwynNice, you'll probably be done before my north road, damn life getting in the way. Drop me a PM if you need to talk about the route to us. As I said before, we'd thought about going round south of La Verna and then widening the current bridge on the canal to go over the canal then north along that road (widening where needed), to Cashtal Cabbyl Market. @Vanninis the owner of that deed, so we'll need to work out a south exit road from his deed that connects to the west highway which we are almost ready to catseye.

13 minutes ago, yetian said:

@GwynNice, you'll probably be done before my north road, damn life getting in the way. Drop me a PM if you need to talk about the route to us. As I said before, we'd thought about going round south of La Verna and then widening the current bridge on the canal to go over the canal then north along that road (widening where needed), to Cashtal Cabbyl Market. @Vanninis the owner of that deed, so we'll need to work out a south exit road from his deed that connects to the west highway which we are almost ready to catseye.

It'll still be a while yet before I bring the highway that far west, so there's plenty of time for that pesky real life stuff too ;) After this bridge, I'll be cutting a largely fresh roadbed to Esteron, laying the whole stretch with bricks and then catseyes. And that's just the section between Esteron and Q/R24. Not much to brag about yet, the only reason I chimed in was to put minds at rest that work is indeed ongoing.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, yetian said:

I'll be back Sunday to continue the north road, just had a busy week.

Most of the section between your wagon and the west end road from the old Highland Meadows deed is ready for paving...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Gwyn said:

It'll still be a while yet before I bring the highway that far west, so there's plenty of time for that pesky real life stuff too ;) After this bridge, I'll be cutting a largely fresh roadbed to Esteron, laying the whole stretch with bricks and then catseyes. And that's just the section between Esteron and Q/R24. Not much to brag about yet, the only reason I chimed in was to put minds at rest that work is indeed ongoing.

I'm having to do the entire north road from p22 up NE before I put any eyes down as no deeds between mine and the highway stretch. Same with o20 to p22, though this will be done in a week or so. Northern road not yet. ;)

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Wulfmaer said:

Most of the section between your wagon and the west end road from the old Highland Meadows deed is ready for paving...

@WulfmaerYou what? You've leveled and cut all that? Legend!

Highland meadows I think is where @LumpyGravysaid his friend had a deed. Is that road west from there already 2 wide? I'll be on tonight to sort out paving in that case. I need to get up there and see what needs changing from highland meadows to the actual highway. There was also a bit east from my wagon that looked to be an old deed with some split paving that I thought would need digging up and redoing. I'll spend a couple of hours tonight paving.

Once it's done, Yetian will start laying down eyes from the inn and head north to the existing highway. Hopefully I'll get those laid before the first ones start to rot and I can connect to an existing waystone.

Edited by yetian