Sign in to follow this  
Sila

Highway protection work -Xanadu

i wonder who will protect witch part of xanadu highways so i dont need to check them all around...  

my team will take care for all glasshollow area and desert all to the vrock landing....

cateyes we are coming!

orj6zq.jpg

Edited by Sila

Figure NEXA will cover Summerholt area and abit beyond.

• Like 3

Sila, we will not connect near "Feels like home" ,but to the road west of that one, when it comes to the Highway Glasshollow Linton.

Keyos is doing the last work to connect there now.

My team/alliance (Western Union) will catseye south of what is on your map, and down to J10 at least, but part of the road (I think Greyfox paved it before) still needs adjusting in slope before we catseye it. (That would be between my place and your place Sila)

I also met Killroth the other day and I belive they will catseye from j10, New Haven Bay, down to Linton

Edited by Cecci

i would like to says everyone who have highway on deed or in perimeter should menage settings for deeds so we can cateyes all our work done in past. We will not  cateyes just parts of highways.

on Glasshollow -  Vrock Landing highway serval deeds need to fix that or protect highway on its own before rules fall.

idk what gms think but if we can not protect our past work this new system is useless

cecci we cant get thru camp little bull there anyway till mayor dont show up.  too much work remaking all the corupted highways

Edited by Sila

Keyos is going outside the perimeter if you mean the place with a tower and two templars. (SE of Huesco Mundo) Worst case we pull new stretch to west of her/his lake.

It's the only bit missing.

The part that needs adjusting on the road Glasshollow Linton is the 3 wide paved that Greyfox did, rest is all ready, south from that, to catseye down to Sandland.

"Feels like home" disbanded long ago.

On 8/23/2017 at 6:42 AM, Sila said:

on Glasshollow -  Vrock Landing highway serval deeds need to fix that or protect highway on its own before rules fall.

As you go south, there are quite a few sections along the coast where the route is either still only single track, or been removed by now disbanded deeds.

I have widened and added a waystone plus catseyes to my part of the road that runs north/south in O20. I'm planning to run it north to the tunnel so it will link to another deed there. I will work with the owner (Zoliea) to sort that.

I also have highway settings on. 

Anyone is welcome to work on any of that road as it goes north a long way and south then east to p22 by Tarsis.

The only obstacles I know of on the road are south where a deed covers part of it and the tunnel to the north is 1 wide. So the tunnel will need deeding to widen (remove supports) or divert around. 

I get little playtime so will work on it as I can though still have my deed to build so progress will be slow. 

It's not a populated area though so not high priority at all. 

?

Edited by yetian

I have now connected my deed (Linden Cove - C14), to the Glasshollow - Vrock Landing highway. Joining at the desert T-junction in D11. Currently a very long dead-end, but may eventually loop down to Vrock Landing - but that is a long way off.

I did mention on chat that I had taken a look at the gravel track that uses the tunnel in E13 to connect to Vrock. It looks as if there is a possible route to the west of the tundra that avoids needing to use the tunnel. But, don't think this is currently a priority, unless the coastal route proves impossible.

I will be working on cats eyes and junctions for the black forest highway and black forest alliance for lormere north area

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Fraeya said:

I will be working on cats eyes and junctions for the black forest highway and black forest alliance for lormere north area

I will hopefully be able to help Fraeya and the Black Forest Alliance in this endeavor.

Mulewood and I have been working on the SW diagonal highway from the Vrock area down to the coast around G12-H12. It's currently completed all the way to the coast, I'm just waiting for the coastal deed owner to log on so that we can add the terminus. :) 

I also ended up slightly re-routing the highway around the corner of an existing deed, the owner hasn't been on in forever and I didn't want to wait. 

• Like 1

once again i ask all mayors on the way of vrock-glasshollow highway to set permisions for highway so we can inprove road!   pls report to me who do that and where so we can think about posible rerutes around deeds

its more then 1 month from time i ask everoyne who have deeds on highway i build to menage permisions of deeds they found on it...  more then 5 deeds on path to vrock still didnt do that... so i giveup on inproving, catseyes and lamps on that section. 

Probably a good thing I've been quietly working away at a scenic route between Glasshollow and Vrock. When I started I wasn't sure that it would work with some of the slopes involved, but it now looks as if it will :D.

• Like 3

I am a highway builder over on deli.  Because of how deeds are set up.  The goal setting up a catseye system from the north coast to the south coast cutting through greendog isn't able to happen.  Many deeds have there edge right up to the edge of the road and the owners ha not been seen in months.  Also announcing publicly what work you plan to do, even if it is a work around brings the trolls out who don't like highway to put deeds in your path.  I would prefer to just work with existing roads and not make new ones as I don't want to turn the server into a parking lot.  But to be able to set up such a path I may have to talk to the small group of highway workers on the server and see if the ability to construct a whole new path "surprise buttsecks" style.  

that is not a problem if deed have perimeter over highway, problem is when deed is on highway and GMs should step in.

Edited by Sila

From elsewhere...

10 hours ago, Sila said:

Cecci glasshollow-vrock part is almost catseyed if that helps,

Good to see that progress is being made.

• Like 1

On 22/09/2017 at 1:49 PM, Sila said:

that is not a problem if deed have perimeter over highway, problem is when deed is on highway and GMs should step in.

If a deed has a perim over the highway and has not enabled highway settings you are unable to place cat's eyes so it is a problem

you can still remade highway or add exstra tiles to it... looks ugly but is workaround, i must do that at GH-vrock highway, owners can always fix road or rerute,

we working right now at bridge when that is done work is done,.... just some more lamps needed.

Edited by Sila

On ‎9‎/‎21‎/‎2017 at 2:28 PM, Theonis said:

I am a highway builder over on deli.  Because of how deeds are set up.  The goal setting up a catseye system from the north coast to the south coast cutting through greendog isn't able to happen.  Many deeds have there edge right up to the edge of the road and the owners ha not been seen in months.  Also announcing publicly what work you plan to do, even if it is a work around brings the trolls out who don't like highway to put deeds in your path.  I would prefer to just work with existing roads and not make new ones as I don't want to turn the server into a parking lot.  But to be able to set up such a path I may have to talk to the small group of highway workers on the server and see if the ability to construct a whole new path "surprise buttsecks" style.  

The real problem is how the Developers have setup this "highway system". It both forces players to alter their deeds to accommodate it if they want it to be considered a "highway", as well as attempts to pass on the "problem" to other players who have every right to rarely log onto the game if they choose not to. Then they add other features to this highway system like no decay lamps and Wagoners that won't function without it. More to come perhaps?

This "highway system" could all be segmented (broken up) into different independently functioning parts which would not punish the players who choose only certain options and not require them to modify their deeds for these parts to function. Another feature added with little consideration being given to the total impact and various player lifestyles (in-game). Please don't put the blame on the players nor expect them to redesign their deeds to accommodate anyone else's desires. If you want a North/South route through Deliverance you are going to need to redesign many parts of the old highway (better) system to accommodate it. More work for highway builders and those who want its features available but who created those issues. Hint: Those who designed the new "highway system".

Happy Trails

=Ayes=

• Like 1

well i sort out vrock highways with some detours,,, looks ugly but heh....

Edited by Sila

highways inproved with catseyes from Glasshollow-Vrock-Linton-Newspring there is only small missing part to get to newspring. that is blue line on map.  when that is done rute is open... later more inproves will be done on highway by Shmeric and Thorakkanath.

2dkwg9h.jpg

• Like 1

The scenic route between Vrock and Glasshollow has now been widened and catseyed - it uses the road that runs just to the west of vrock lake, and branches off by the tundra filled crater. But rather than using the tunnel from the tundra it rises to the west and joins an old section of the gravel path.

This route is about 400 tiles longer than route along the route that Sila was working on, that runs along the coast. But, for those in C12/C13, provides a more direct route to the south.