Sign in to follow this  
Sila

Highway protection work -Xanadu

13 hours ago, yetian said:

Awesome work all, a nice network is building up in the north. I'm still plugging away on the link which I think only interests me and @Vannin. :)

I'm linking O20 to P22, The Three Legged Troll to Cashtal Cabbyl Market (West of Nexus Landing). Part of this is a new SE diagonal road section then a new North South section to join with the road going east, that eastern road is what I'm currently widening. It will cross over the north/south road and then head our new market deed. 

In an ideal world it would go around (or through) the tunnel north in O20 and onto join the nothern network, but I lack the time to get that done anytime soon. If anyone wants to connect that, let me know. We are considering linking p22 down to Esteron as well. It's all in the far future and is likely a project for me and @Vanninas there are not many people living along that route. I'm sort of hoping that if we manage it, it will help people to find deed spots along the route and maybe even allow people to sail to the market deed and use the (upcoming) Wagoneer to send goods along the highway. I'm also planning a wagoneer at The three legged troll.

I know myself and Vannin are probably the only ones interested in this, but we are doing out bit not just to benefit our deeds, but provide links for those along the route and maybe future connection points for other highways. :)

Any material donations or assistance welcomed to connect it to the other routes.

Can you edit this on the map so I can visualize where you are at?

4FyZHHe.png

This is a zoomed in map of the highway (starts in O20 ends in P22). Completed widening is in yellow and work to be done is in red, although once the red line crosses the North South road it may not be straight due to terrain. The old windy road will likely be removed as it is 1 row cobble and with gravel edges, but grassed in parts and looks a bit crap. Plus the deed on the map you can see with all the roads there has decayed and has since been returned to the wild (will see when the next map dump is loaded).

Our plan is to add the eyes stones along the highway. Basically from the deed at the north end of the highway to the end of the red line (deed not marked), plan to add lamps along the highway and I've already started building towers on with an alt.

I'll add a stone on the X roads where it cross the north/south road so someone from other deeds could easily connect. :)

In an ideal world that could connect to starter deeds, the north network and Esteron most likely. Neither myself or @Vanninget a lot of time to do this and are still working our deeds so it's slow progress but getting there. The red part is something I'll complete before too long as I'm getting out of the forested area and from hills to a flatter area of land. We then have to make all the catseyes. :)

Edited by yetian

@LumpyGravyWe could go north I guess from ours in time then east to join with your new section. It may be a way off though for us.

• Like 1

H23 Area Eden hwy project.

Eden Tunnle and Bridge South of Summerholt is under construction 75% completed for hwy system upgrade, both mine / canal entrances have been expanded from 1 tile to 2 tile lanes. floors reinforced and catreyes 90% done. bridge planed and compelted with in 30 mins once mats arrive. 

/////

i-26 island hwy project completed and cateyed connecting to the h/i 25 dragonspine highway. which connects to the summerholt hwy that runs east.  which is alrdy cateyed. dragonspine hwy cateye work is in progress. 

• Like 2

list of deeds already conected to the west highway via catseyes:

connect your highway with us too!

keitkj.jpg

Connected Lavender Bridge also, and discovered I need extra permission for New haven Bay, I PMed Killroth but he has been abcent for several months.

If some other villager there can grant me permissions or plant catseyes across the bridge I'd be most happy!

Also, the bridge in New Haven bay is not paved , don't know if Dinant wants to pave it?

Got with Killroth long enough to catseye across the bridge and put up a waystone.

Hadn't considered paving the bridge before. Did some testing and can still pave after it's catseyed. Will have to think about it.

• Like 1

Work in the Whitefay - Greymead area is progressing slowly but surely. My biggest problems right now are lacking the concrete to even the slopes of the Eastern ramp in the tunnel and two abandonned deeds that block planting eyes. Until those two deeds are disbanded, the connection can't be made.

The biggest relieve was that you don't need to pave tunnel floors to plant catseyes. Having them reinforced is enough.

As for the progress I've made so far:

TejQJzK.png

Thorin :)

Edited by Thorinoakshield
added image
  • Like 1

Finished my section to my deed last week.. the branch out of whitefey to the SE

Unfinished_map_02.jpg

if some deed block catseyes just make new highway in perimeter to avoid...

welcome aboard!  now someone share some news from Newspring, Lormere, Esteron and Summerholt!

oh30va.jpg

On 10-12-2017 at 6:08 PM, Sila said:

if some deed block catseyes just make new highway in perimeter to avoid...

That won't work as you still need DROPPING permits from the deed to plant catseyes in a deeds perimeter.

Only two options are possible atm:

- go around it, turning a nice looking highway into a zig-zag highway;

- wait for the deeds to drop.

I prefer the latter, as both deeds already have 7-8dmg at their buildings. Which mean they will drop within the next 4 weeks, probably even less.

The last stage will require 60-70 catseyes, which I do have in stock at the moment, so it's just a matter of patience before there are two connections between Greymead and Whitefay.

planting catseyes works 3 tiles away from deed border inside of perimeter

The Glasshollow Linton Highway ( the western road) is now officially open for traffic, and the first wagoner has crossed the bridges in i10!

It all took me 10 months and 3 days including what is probably the biggest bridge system in Wurm :P

I belive it shortened the previous route via Vrocks Landing with at least 1500 tiles between these two starter towns.

This route is just under 4500 tiles long.

Special thanks goes to Tich for recoding dredging and saving us months.

I'll get some pics and statistics and post in own topic soon.

Edited by Cecci
typo
  • Like 3

As someone who is doing a fairly short stretch by comparison I'm posting to thank you @Cecci for you work. :)

I don't get a lot of time and know what it's like to dedicate what time you get to a project, It's all appreciated.

Now if you want to make me some eyes for my highway or need another project, let me know. ;) j/k :)

At next map update we will see how the road really looks, sanded banks from H to north and all.

It is also more straight than it looks on current map.

Um.... for xmas this year I wish for a mapupdate :P

Edited by Cecci

19 hours ago, Sila said:

planting catseyes works 3 tiles away from deed border inside of perimeter

Sila, with all due respect, but you don't know the situation, I do.

You CAN NOT plant catseyes  there, because the deeds are bordering the highway and I clearly get the message that the deed doesn't allow me to plant items on or right next to it.

I've seen the same message when we were working at the connection between both startertowns at the east side of the lake and that one was solved when dropping rights were given to a player. So I do know what I'm talking about.

I you, however, don't believe me, I suggest you get over there and either try yourself or construct the zig-zag route; because I intent to wait for both deeds to drop.

i understand what you mean, i normaly made new road next to old just for catseyes... or add another paved line.  when owner of deed login can remake it back or left it as is it. 

Edited by Sila

Anyone know a mag that can disintegrate an iron vein for me? In the tunnel I'm widening. Just dropped a temp deed to widen the tunnel. 

Update on the expansion of the greymead/whitefay highway network to the north:

The coastal tunnel at F/G18 has been completely renovated and has catseyes all the way through. The highway past that has had (or is having) some dirt added to make everything smoother and sometimes to fix slopes greater than 20. The work is well underway and should reach Beehive Mining Co-Op soon enough, so I went scouting and found the tunnel where the highway is continued to the next coastal part.

UxjS1TA.jpg

This is going to be interesting to widen.

The left tile is obviously quite steeply inclined and fixing this wiith concrete will be quite costly and perhaps not realistically possible.. On the other hand, the right tile will just be some surface mining that I can take care of, but the tunnel will have to make a small dent to the left then. As the tunnel is in the perimeter of The Beehive Mining Co-Op, this will require Rusk's cooperation in some way to get rid of the reinforcements to do either, probably by temporarily expanding the deed to remove the beams themselves, if they're so inclined to do so.

Also, some parts of the road through the deed seem too narrow to have catseyes. This may need even more surface mining to accomodate a wider road. (I like surface mining, I can dig it out with permission to do so.)

The tunnel has some problems just like the roads I encountered so far, and that is too steep slopes at the very beginning. These will probably end up dragging a rats tail along where the whole tunnel has to be slightly elevated with loads of concrete to account for the slope correction. Luckily, floor reinforcements are sparse so far and replacing them won't cut deeply considering how much still needs to be reinforced anyway.

Blocking veins are luckily just two, with relatively few hits left and the smaller vein probably bypassable (Though I'd excavate it for good measure anyway)

Upper vein:

[22:57:31] It has a max quality of 70.

[22:57:31] You will be able to mine here 2203 more times.

Lower vein:

[22:52:16] It has a max quality of 36.

[22:52:16] You will be able to mine here 755 more times.

There's a third vein that is in the corner opposite of the lower vein above that coudl be excavated to make the exit "diagonal", but that's rather ugly and:

[22:52:21] It has a max quality of 21.

[22:52:21] You will be able to mine here 2118 more times.

It's 3 times as many hits with even cheaper iron.

After this tunnel is fixed and reinforced, it looks like smooth sailing though, from what I recall the following coastal segment is pretty flat and just needs catseyes added.

TL;DR:

-Reinforcement beams and concrete are needed here, both of which I'll take care of when I can, but contributions are appreciated.

-Rusk will need to remove the reinforcement on the upper entrance for this to proceed. If I'm allowed to terraform it thereafter, I can take care of surface mining the right lane, as I find this the least invasive and hamfisted solution of the two possibilities. Also need to widen that canyon on deed on some bottlenecks to accomodate catseyes. Again, I'm insane and like surface mining. Be warned that during the rework it will look like a butchered surgery on the earth itself though. (All for the sake of it looknig nice afterwards, of course.)

-Iron veins to be excavated, both relatively quick grabs for iron if you bring a smelter.

EDIT:

Both iron veins are excavated. Until I hear from Rusk about removing the reinforcements at the right side and fitting catseyes through the deed (They go up to his deeds border, only a matter of some terraforming and planting catseyes on deed now), I'll divert my attention to fixing the slopes in the tunnel.

Edited by Flubb
  • Like 1

Sila, it would be good if you could post the updated road picture in first post so it is easier to find it!