Sign in to follow this  
Sila

Highway protection work -Xanadu

There is also work in progress ...  from glasshollow direct to linton..

do cats eyes work on bridges with buildings used a support between sections ? as some hwys have long bridges with these supports. need to know as i may do parts of the dragons spine which has a huge bridge

Whitefay is now connected to Greymead albeit through weird wonders. the connection is there. not ideal but im pretty sure the wagoner wont mind the detours :D

ok map of eyes updated RED parts need to be finished.

orj6zq.jpg

Edited by Sila
  • Like 4

About my part that is still red: Working on some transmutation liqiud to remove some clay,

about half of my red is actually catseyed, just not a short bit on the island and a short bit to the bay.

And yep, I've been slacking, doing other stuff the past week.

Great work all. 

In time I'd love to connect the northern routes to the highway I'm building in o20 through to p22. Currently just road widening and it will take me some time, but it will get done. 

A connection down to me could run through that highway and eventually to Esteron. We have a plan to eventually do that but neither me or Vannin get tons of time in game. 

• Like 2

If people are prepared to donate the required resources to me, I'm prepared to work at the southern connection between Greymead and Whitefay.

The resources I need are:

- Catseyes. Around 1.5-2K at first glance. And my current paving skill is too low to get catseyes above 10ql without imping them; meaning it'll be some time consuming project

- Concrete: Part of that highway is a tunnel with a very uneven floor. Means it needs to be flattened by mining some corners, but also by adding concrete to some corners

- Supportbeams; the floor needs to  be improved after all. Perhaps even some pavement?

- Chopped veggies: I need to strongwall some parts of that tunnel; especially the entrance as it's 1 tile wide at both side. Locks are ok too, as I'm using a Magranon priestess

- Time and patience: It's very likely I'm going to do this project all by myself and with a couple of deeds to maintain I can't spend all my time at this project. So don't expect it to be done within a week.

- Last and certainly not least: possible permissions of the owners of some deeds along the way. If I can't get those, I need to add detours to the highway, making connection a lot more complicated and time consuming.

I am able to get myself the sand and dirt needed to adjust some parts of the highway and to make sure the overhanging branches are gone.. All the work can be done by me or my priestess as well, so the resources are the only problem here.

And Cecci: If you're doing that job all by yourself, don't feel pushed. If some people have the idea it isn't going fast enough, they'd better lend you a hand. You've already done a tremendous job getting a highway done in that area in the first place. ;)

Thorin :)

• Like 1

You won't be doing that by yourself Thorin, I've looked at it twice to get details and counts on what needs doing (esp. with that tunnel) and started putting materials together.

4 hours ago, Trooper said:

You won't be doing that by yourself Thorin, I've looked at it twice to get details and counts on what needs doing (esp. with that tunnel) and started putting materials together.

In that case, let me know when you want to start and I'll join you with my main and priestess. And any resources whenever possible. I may be able to get the materials of the supportbeams done with the priestess, so the main can put them together. I'm going to get one large crate done first; it might be enough.

there are other projects going on ...  i would like to see word from rome to greymead and also what its going on at nexa summerhold highway work

I'm happy to contribute to doing the red bit south of Greymead at J17 and J18.

I've already done a bit of work but we're facing the issue of either having to get permissions of two or three coastal deed-owners or go over or through the mountains.

See this post 

Edited by Ajala

37 minutes ago, Ajala said:

I've already done a bit of work but we're facing the issue of either having to get permissions of two or three coastal deed-owners or go over or through the mountains.

Going over the mountains is already in progress

Just now, Tich said:

Going over the mountains is already in progress

From which end?

Nevermind, found it.

Wow! A LOT of work has happened in the last week. Last time I went north up the road from the lake to Greymead, this road did not exist. Now, it looks like this:

dc48c4653245393.jpg7665bb653245303.jpg

How much dirt got dropped crossing that gorge? Many thousands, it looks like. In just a week. Who's doing this?

Edited by Ajala
  • Like 1

I'm here, at the good end of this unlikely gorge, and I'm going to stay here until one of you cheaters tells me who is in charge.

I already surfaced mined and leveled a buttload of this.

Keyos is more of the organiser than me

We have been working on that ramp for a while, and only just done the road leading up to it.

I could've guessed Keyos was involved. That guy has built quite some highways at Xanadu by now. :)

Makes me wonder if we should him grant a special title, like Roadmaster or something? ;)

Recently connected Windspears to the system in the Wonders area around G18 and quite thrilled to see how far it will reach once Rome is done. Very nice work. This was also a good reason to finally fill up the dirt around my deed to allow a 2 tile highway to go around it, rather than have my shoddy 1 tile road be the connection further north.

Speaking of which, I made an adjustment to one of Thorin's old projects.

l3JtU88.jpg

This is the tunnel connecting a highway all the way up E20, to the Ageless Lake canal. I'll prioritise killing the clay tiles, paving and catseyeing the outside area for now before I should start diverting some attention to another road project again, but I'll use my downtime on-deed to prepare the 700-ish catseyes that my storage elicits for expanding the current highway net to the northern/northeastern regions.

Edited by Flubb
  • Like 4

Awesome work all, a nice network is building up in the north. I'm still plugging away on the link which I think only interests me and @Vannin. :)

I'm linking O20 to P22, The Three Legged Troll to Cashtal Cabbyl Market (West of Nexus Landing). Part of this is a new SE diagonal road section then a new North South section to join with the road going east, that eastern road is what I'm currently widening. It will cross over the north/south road and then head our new market deed. 

In an ideal world it would go around (or through) the tunnel north in O20 and onto join the nothern network, but I lack the time to get that done anytime soon. If anyone wants to connect that, let me know. We are considering linking p22 down to Esteron as well. It's all in the far future and is likely a project for me and @Vanninas there are not many people living along that route. I'm sort of hoping that if we manage it, it will help people to find deed spots along the route and maybe even allow people to sail to the market deed and use the (upcoming) Wagoneer to send goods along the highway. I'm also planning a wagoneer at The three legged troll.

I know myself and Vannin are probably the only ones interested in this, but we are doing out bit not just to benefit our deeds, but provide links for those along the route and maybe future connection points for other highways. :)

Any material donations or assistance welcomed to connect it to the other routes.

• Like 1

On 9-11-2017 at 5:54 PM, Trooper said:

To come back at this:

Yesterday I had the luck to talk to one of the persons who build the highway between Greymead and Whitefay and about the plans I have with it. I asked and got permission from him to add the catseyes to upgrade the highway, as well as permission to start "messing up the tunnel". Meaning we can safely enlarge both entrances of the tunnel to 2-tile wide entrances, flatten the floor and reinforce all without the previous builder being griefed by it.

All that's needed now are the tons of goods to do this work. Donations are welcome. ;)

Edited by Thorinoakshield
  • Like 2

I am working on running the highway south out of Whitefey, first to Chagrijnig then onto Diviner's Keep

I would be happy to help Thorin and Dredbanger after I get this section finished!

Unfinished_map2.png

Edited by LumpyGravy