Sign in to follow this  
Retrograde

Valrei International. 031

header.png

San Fazenda, Deliverance - Kriet

A short news this week as we prepare for the next update, expected to land this Thursday, 17th of August. Which will see the release of the new highway system to the live servers! Unfortunately the animal crates won't be in this update, as we're still working out all the issues with crossing borders, but crate racks will be in so get ready to store!

Highway testing and learning

If you'd like to get a better understanding of the highway system the test server is open to all players, and a GM or dev will happily help with resources or tools if you require, just jump in IRC and ask! During this week we'll also be handing out deed settlement forms for building and connecting highways, so if you want to understand the system, now's the time! 

Map dumps

This introduction will have a huge impact on travelling in Wurm, and we also said to time with this update we'll also be releasing map dumps, which will be coming out on the same day or by the weekend.

During testing we used a special map dump to map out highways on the test server, and we'll be looking at the possibility of including a dump like this in our regular map dumps, showing an overlay of highways and how they map across the server! (the deeds would not be shown)

Spoiler

map.png

Blossom rebuild
We've had a whopping four entrants to the blossom rebuild proposals, making it one of the most popular ones (if not THE most popular). We'll be organising it for a vote some time next week.

Whitefay didn't get any proposals, but that's okay! We'll revisit the contest down the line and see if there's any takers then.

Community Content

This weeks community content is the latest Factional fight video, where they discuss their thoughts and ideas about what we have coming to Wurm, what do you think about their ideas? How would you like to see the proposed works come into the game? 

That's it from us this week! Of course, with the highway system out we begin to look at the other projects we have underway and will be looking at sharing more with you on this in the near future, until then though, keep on wurming! 

Retrograde & The Wurm team.

• Like 14

Looking good.

Will animal transfer from server to server not impact animal respawning ?

Highly unlikely, given servers have animal populations in the tens of thousands, a few hundred crossing wont change anything. 

• Like 2

Yeah for map dumps..! Can we get a frequent dump of the road data in some format that map developers can use? This would be more useful than image dumps.. 

4 minutes ago, NuMaiky said:

do we have any update on the Crate Racks?

2 hours ago, Retrograde said:

A short news this week as we prepare for the next update, expected to land this Thursday, 17th of August. Which will see the release of the new highway system to the live servers! Unfortunately the animal crates won't be in this update, as we're still working out all the issues with crossing borders, but crate racks will be in so get ready to store!

Retrograde & The Wurm team.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Retrograde said:

Highly unlikely, given servers have animal populations in the tens of thousands, a few hundred crossing wont change anything. 

I'm up for the challenge.

• Like 1

fTo5HQ0.png?1

I need more highways, cool how it shows the underground parts as well, and the bridges.

i got proposal for Whitefay!

Give this job to GMs!   

Enki do famus teraforming

Logi workout decorations and fake animals.

other gms  works on buildings...   easy

Crate Racksssssss this is awesome! 

And hey! thats my place in that pic! lol 

• Like 6

I like Evening's Quote ;) 

Soooo I saw this picture and though to myself wow thats pretty... new building types or something... then realized nope... we can already do that in game... Beautiful building :) and Kingdom Flags

All exciting news. 

@Retro Please see log in issue 30 for log re: using unstable client on linux - bug found apparently.

you won't have my deed in the map dump... MUAHAHAHHAHA

It's been today for too many hours, give us that update already! :P

whats with update?  timer says 3 min to go! :D  give us that cateyes i have chisel ready!