Sign in to follow this  
Gwyn

Enable 'Drink' Directly from Waterskins

Simple idea, possibly easy to implement: 

1. Right-clicking directly on waterskin brings up 'drink' option which is applied to contents, i.e. no need to expand water skin and then click on whatever is inside.

2. Provide keybind for 'drink'.

Benefits:

1. Allows waterskins to be added to toolbelt for rapid quaffing. (Of course water/other liquids can be added as well, but every time they are consumed they have to be re-added. Not so if it is the waterskin itself in the toolbelt.)

2. Creates incentive to actually use waterskins versus pottery jars etc. Waterskins should be better at what they're designed for – providing easy access to liquid refreshment.

(Related idea: Any fall that would injure a character risks breaking any pottery items in inventory. The risk is directly proportional to the severity of the fall and inversely proportional to the quality of the pottery item.)

• Like 5

I like it and suggest it for all liquid containers. 

• Like 2

+1 and on boats, the same way we can click on boats to fish/dredge

• Like 3

I would also like to see added an Eat/Drink command for a lunchbox or picnic basket

+1

might be a bit offtopic, but measuring jugs are similiarly annoying to use. What if measuring jugs (or perhaps all liquid containers) had not only a Fill option, but also a "Pour" option for the opposite process?

1 minute ago, Flubb said:

+1

might be a bit offtopic, but measuring jugs are similiarly annoying to use. What if measuring jugs (or perhaps all liquid containers) had not only a Fill option, but also a "Pour" option for the opposite process?

I had contemplated with a friend that the "measuring cup" should be a container with multiple liquid spots not just one adjustable.   This way you could measure out say half a liter and pull out two 20g amounts to get 0.46 liters for a recipe.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Tallios said:

I had contemplated with a friend that the "measuring cup" should be a container with multiple liquid spots not just one adjustable.   This way you could measure out say half a liter and pull out two 20g amounts to get 0.46 liters for a recipe.

Interesting, would be even less of a hassle and would at least justify having to use the pesky container window. That's probably an idea for a new thread though, as I was just sticking to the general idea of adding QoL-options to (some) liquid containers in order to not go too offtopic.

Edited by Flubb
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Flubb said:

Interesting, would be even less of a hassle and would at least justify having to use the pesky container window. That's probably an idea for a new thread though, as I was just sticking to the general idea of adding QoL-options to (some) liquid containers in order to not go too offtopic.

...and done.

Edited by Tallios

On 8/11/2017 at 10:31 PM, Gwyn said:

Simple idea, possibly easy to implement: 

1. Right-clicking directly on waterskin brings up 'drink' option which is applied to contents, i.e. no need to expand water skin and then click on whatever is inside.

2. Provide keybind for 'drink'.

Benefits:

1. Allows waterskins to be added to toolbelt for rapid quaffing. (Of course water/other liquids can be added as well, but every time they are consumed they have to be re-added. Not so if it is the waterskin itself in the toolbelt.)

2. Creates incentive to actually use waterskins versus pottery jars etc. Waterskins should be better at what they're designed for – providing easy access to liquid refreshment.

(Related idea: Any fall that would injure a character risks breaking any pottery items in inventory. The risk is directly proportional to the severity of the fall and inversely proportional to the quality of the pottery item.)

Aight

• Like 5

For the pottery thing, why would quality affect the chance to break?  Is a Ming vase any less fragile than a 6-year-olds "ashtray"?

6 hours ago, Belgrim said:

For the pottery thing, why would quality affect the chance to break? Is a Ming vase any less fragile than a 6-year-olds "ashtray"?

Because it would fit with how quality generally works in Wurm, where higher quality = higher durability in almost every, if not every, case. And antique Chinese ceramics aren't valuable because they're somehow objectively better than anything we can produce today. They're prized because they were a technological feat for their time and because, being antiques, they are rare.