Sign in to follow this  
Theodein

Books

We need books! 

I would finally be able to make a true library.

Would be a really cool idea according to me to be able to combine paper sheets into several of them, then binding it into a book.

You could even use the "rename" function to give them a title on the book the same way signs works.

It does not contribute to a massive change in gameplay but it surely would bring a lot of fun and immersion into the game!

Also when a book is made, make copies of it in a more streamlined way so that several different people can own the book.

Edited by Theodein
  • Like 4

Yes, we really do need books.  And per my suggestion a long while back, we need Boockases to allow storage of paper and books!

+1

1 minute ago, Nomadikhan said:

And per my suggestion a long while back, we need Boockases to allow storage of paper and books!

We already have Low and High Bookshelves, so maybe change their function to be for storage purposes instead of them just looking pretty near my altars :P

+1 to books being added!

We already have Low and High Bookshelves, so maybe change their function to be for storage purposes instead of them just looking pretty near my altars

+1 to books being added!

Bookshelves, Bookcases, same thing where I'm from sorry.  But yes, that is what I was meaning.

Edited by Nomadikhan

+1

Make it so you can write on them. Doesnt have to be huge, but more like a couple pharagraphs. Would be excellent to save things like directions, recipes, equipment lists, or something as simple as a guest book.

I'd like both player made books we can write in and pre-made books. Holy books of the gods, bits of wurm history, legends and so forth.

Being able to get a few ticks of my Religion skill by studying a holy text once an hour would be cool.

• Like 1

Personally I would use it to write many pieces of the lore from the Wiki into the books and title them according to subject then build a massive library in a tower shaped building, would be truly awesome.

Adventures of the Saucy Argonian Maid?

• Like 1

Books that players could write messages or brief stories within would really add a lot to the game. They would also be a sort of legacy that players would leave behind, as well as current insight into their thoughts/personalities. You might then *find* them along the side of the road or deep within the dense forests, dropped there by some ghost writer of the recent past.

They should be very easy to create however or they would rarely be used. No way requiring exotic plants and ingredients like the current writing system. Maybe also sell Books on Traders for 1 copper (no more than this) so that they are readily available. Then to write in them you just type in what you want with no further materials required.

Make this whole Book and writing process too involved (making concrete) and I would have on further interest in it. Simplicity is best. Let the complexities emerge from the imaginations of the Books Authors.

=Ayes=

Books will need the ability to be improved else volumes could be lost to time.  It would serve, yet, another use for papyrus making skill.

I would cherish the idea of seeing libraries emerge in towns or even a large capital library serving the server.

Edited by Nomadikhan

I would love to see books added to the game. Also, I love Theodins idea of adding a method to make copies.

+1 from me

+1 I want to do journals and stories about my adventures in the game like you can in another game I played along time ago (EverQuest I & II).

13 hours ago, Ozgod said:

Few threads down from this:

Aye, I saw that a few days after posting this thread. 

At least it shows more support for the suggestion :)