Sign in to follow this  
Jaz

[Bug] Cannot hit middle tile of a 3 tile long bridge with catapult

I've tried to cata down a 3 tiles long bridge. It was working fine on the two ends, they popped quite as easily as with the old cata system.

It is very impossible to hit the middle tile, it always just hitting an item (the shards already thrown there). Checked with tweaking winching, position, orientation and angle, no success at all. Visually the rocks pass the correct bridge tile but never ever hits in about 50 tries, the other two tiles destroyed in less shots than that total.

Also I've noticed that shards take around 3 dmg now on each shot, is it intended?

EDIT: quite a pain, the 60ql bridge tile takes only about 0.7 dmg destorying it with a 90ql large maul.

I had a 1x4 wood bridge and took out 2 on one the end, 1 on the other from the west end of the bridge, the 3rd in could land the shots on the tile no problem, they piled up below but was no way to hit the bridge itself. Did this from several ranges back, shot it from the east side as well as lined up shots from the south into the bridge. Wanted the bridge gone or I would of done a ticket, only way was to bash the last tile. I also tried various angles, but did not seem to make a difference other than the range needed to hit the same spot.

If you are not in a rush I would do a support ticket for someone like budda to try and hit the sucker.

Catapult shots now damage objects, so if you have a pile of shards on the ground they get hit by the shots as well.

Yes the pile is getting the hit under the bridge so I'm firing to the correct tile. I've tried to shoot it from sideways as well, same results.

I'll do a test on another bridge trying to hit the adjacent tile while the cata is on the same bridge (if that is at all possible with high firing angle) and see if the issue is something like the "you need to be on the same bridge" messages.

Edited by Jaz

Tried with dragging the cata on the bridge, 1 tile range with 80 degrees, cannot hit the bridge. The stones simply fall through.

Will get a test scenario set up to reproduce.  If anyone has any supporting information, please do post as I'm the worse catapulter in the history of the world, this one and every other one.

I see the same, cannot hit middle bridge sections with catapult, like Jaz seeing the shards visibly pass through the bridge and pile up on tiles below the bridge without any damage to bridge.

@Alectrys, there is currently a bridge on Xanadu close to my deed where this can be observed, we've started to bash it now, but plenty of sections left for catapult test shots. :)

14 hours ago, Alectrys said:

Will get a test scenario set up to reproduce.  If anyone has any supporting information, please do post as I'm the worse catapulter in the history of the world, this one and every other one.

If you want I can set up a bridge on test and see if I can encounter the same problem, then leave a catapult set up where you just need to load and fire.

I've done some tests too and had zero luck hitting middle sections. As far as i can tell this should be confirmed as a bug. 

Another player @Ceccihad the same issue today causing me to do my tests.

I can confirm now that it is very broken, as I have a new bridge that needs to go and catapulting it from various directions does not work, never actually tried the ends of this, just middle sections, lots of them to hit and no luck. Also does not work when using a trebuche. There is another bridge nearby that I tried catapulting and it had the same results.

This was on a arch bridge, and have not tested it on a flat one.

Yes it is an arched bridge.

The tiles I managed to remove were really the flunked ones closest to me on both ends and nothing works in mid section.

All shards land under the bridge as for you guys.

This is the first little bridge from north connecting to the bridge system that make part of the Glasshollow Linton highway I have been working on since februari, and I need to remake it asap so we can catseye it.

Bashing it with a large maul just doesn't do the trick due to the qI I build bridges at now :(

Edited by Cecci
typo

Till the fix is done GM's should just show up and wave a magic wand to make offending bridges go away. ;)

Yes they can be bashed, but depending on the size of the bridge using good ql large mauls can actually take days to destroy a large bridge.

Edited by JakeRivers
  • Like 1

+1 Bashing a bridge ten million times is not fun.

Edit: We could get the bottom two tiles but all the rest, including the bridge itself and the supporting pillars, had to be bashed and bashed and bashed and bashed and bashed and bashed and bashed and bashed and bashed and bashed.  Next day it has to be bashed and bashed bashed and bashed and bashed....for ten days long.

Edited by Fairyshine
  • Like 1

yeah just had to bash a 3x1 tile bridge... took days to do it. Was not able to use a catapult on any of it.

• Like 1

So are bridges intended to be permanently invulnerable to catapults or something? This has been broken for almost half a year now. Tried to get rid of a bridge today myself only to realize that, in fact, nope.

4 hours ago, whereami said:

So are bridges intended to be permanently invulnerable to catapults or something? This has been broken for almost half a year now. Tried to get rid of a bridge today myself only to realize that, in fact, nope.

Half a year? oh buddy....

I'm starting at 3-4 small bridges for 18 months now that wait for the fix to get erased from the map... and I'm not that eager to bash them tile by tile.

BTW maybe 10-20dmg on them since...

Edited by Jaz

2 hours ago, Jaz said:

I'm starting at 3-4 small bridges for 18 months now that wait for the fix to get erased from the map... and I'm not that eager to bash them tile by tile.

BTW maybe 10-20dmg on them since...

You waited 18 months so far, instead of dropping a mini deed over each bridge, to bash them easily?

You can bet it is not that a big issue just cosmetics out in no man's land :)