Sign in to follow this  
Angelklaine

[Not a bug] Wurm autolowers the volume mixer

So today I fired up Wurm as usual after work, and started playing. Then suddenly the game sounds went away. I was on comms talking to a friend, so I immediately realized it wasn't my PC volume. So I mentioned it to her, and she told me she recently had the same problem and found out that on her volume mixer on Windows, the Wurm volume had somehow set itself to 0. Sure enough, I checked my volume mixer and that was my issue. I raised the volume and everything was well.

I am not sure if this is a bug or what, but something is causing the game to set the volume mixer to 0. I am not sure if I like Wurm messing with my PC settings, but perhaps I am just ignorant of how things work. Here are some details.

Sound Device: Sound Blaster Z - Series (PCI Card).

Wurm Client: Unstable Client

RAM: 32GB

CPU: AMD FX6400

I had embarked and was sailing my boat. It hapened right after a clean boot from having the computer off.

Edit: It just did it again two times just after I pressed sent on this message. I was not pressing any keys on the keyboard as it happened, only my left mouse button.

Edited by Angelklaine

I have been watching it since my previous post. It has happened about 10-15 times now, and I noticed that this happens to the Volume Mixer when it does. 

e4b361e3d899e0df951416c6498c1895.png

I am no longer fully convinced its Wurm thats causing it, but it is related to Wurm. It automatically lowers itself to 0. I checked if its a Discord setting maybe, but it is not. I have attenuation set off. Plus it happens exclusively with Wurm. Perhaps some insight into this would be nice.

Thanks Jberg, I just had someone explain the same thing for me. I'm going to lock this, given its solved and it wasn't a bug :)