Sign in to follow this  
Mordraug

Illumination for waterways

So just caught this thread:

We've mentioned buoys before, but I suppose I can see where coding a non-rideable boat to anchor in the water may turn out strange.... would still rock if it's in the plan that said.

But for the meantime, how 'bout lamps that work up to 30 deep water and DON'T work on land, cost more materials..... a separate graphic would rock but I'm sure we'd all also be more than happy with the regular iron lantern graphic.

Heck, let's make them physics-friendly... ish.... with... magic.... they need courier cast on them, colors depend on where you enchanted, same as turrets.  Blue, green, and red for fancier canal entrance and actual canal decorating, marking paths through shallows without raising silly islands...... 

Pleeeeease?

Make-It-So.png

• Like 1

A barrel, some rope, maybe some planks and nails, a flag, and a version with a lantern.

Heck pmk versions using the small flag gfx for fun.

Give it the same mechanics as plantable lanterns, especially being blessed.

I like the idea and maybe 30 deep water is enough of a limitation... but I'd really like to keep wild, pitch black, disorienting parts of the world you're not sure you'll make it out of.

In other words, +1 as I don't want to -1, but with the caveat that it's done within some realm of reason and we don't wind up with Disney under the sea.

Disney's great, but I'd take a Hemingway ocean in Wurm every time.  Just makes it more interesting to me.  I love dark tunnels of insane length with only my lantern to light it, hoping I don't run out of tar, never sure what's further down.

I might be somewhat extreme, but I use this site when dreaming of travel IRL:

http://darksitefinder.com/maps/world.html

so yeah, I'd always vote to limit light pollution in Wurm.