Sign in to follow this  
Finndar

How do I light an existing canal?

Hello!

There is a small canal by my deed that is the only access to the ocean.  It's been there many years.  It's dark, and travelers would benefit from some light.   So I placed some lamps on the reinforced tiles in the canal. The lamps had been in a lit forge for hours, so when I dropped them, they were already lit. It looks a lot better!  But I can't plant the lamps, because I get an error that says the water is too deep to plant here.  And once they go out, they can't be re-lit if they're not planted.  

FnUvXt3.jpg

How do I work around this?  The one solution I can think of is just mean:  temp deed it, rip up a hundred reinforced tiles, use thousands of concrete to fill the canal in, plant the lights, re-dig out the whole thing, then reinforce the whole thing.  

Help welcome :)

Thanks!
Finndar

You can push own planted lamps. Also if start planting on land and before action complete move into water can speed things up.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Sandyar said:

You can push own planted lamps. Also if start planting on land and before action complete move into water can speed things up.

That worked, thank you.  I took each lamp outside, planted them on the hill outside the canal, deeded over the canal, and am pushing each one into place using the deed's push bonus.  It's boring and tedious, but it accomplishes the goal. Thank yuou, Sandyar!

What if you drop them and then use the "Secure" option by clicking them? This is different than "planting" them while in your inventory so maybe it has a different effect as well. I did read your post above in which you did all that work and deed cost but maybe for future reference you could try what I suggest to see if that works.

=Ayes=