Sign in to follow this  
Ersitu

Symbol of Strength

To the very nice people who blocked off access to the Symbol of Strength in the south eastern steppe, you're not very nice! And kinda mean! And rather unsporting, too!

That's been a public use epic structure for a long time, pics?

It seems they've collapsed the cave and reinforced it, and got a different entrance to the Symbol itself elsewhere.

(Low quality pics as I never carry a lantern. :D )

The Symbol of Strength has been used for missions for years.

A GM should investigate, could be a case of griefing, could be some other reason, best to do /support , let GM check it out, and maybe avoid some drama.

Someone could climb up the cliff and plant a temp deed to allow removal of the reinforcement.

Edited by zorako

You can see who planted the minedoor, if you can find it.

On this side of the mountain there is no door. (Can mine/rummage on all exposed rock tiles between the normal entrance and other (reinforced inside) caves.)

I spent quite a bit of time there yesterday, and can find no sign of a minedoor anywhere close to the original entrance, an entrance on the other side of the mountain would be a large undertaking, and hardly something anyone would undertake lightly.

Granted I don't know the cave well enough to be able to say that it was deliberately closed or not, but the only unreinforced tile is a single iron vein at the end, which could conceivably be a very unfortunate cave in.

Since I couldn't do my typical 'head in wall' to see where the cave or pillar is, my only non-GM solution would be a temporary deed positioned close enough to be able to mine out the reinforced tiles and reopen the cave.

I have no idea why anyone would wish to close off an Epic mission item in this way, it seems senseless, and pointless, there's no deed in the area, and as far as I could see, no sign of any deed in planning.

The tile that got collapsed/reinforced was the one right at the back on the left. The tunnel used to split into a T like shape.

Deeded it, mined through, and there was no tunnel. It was just done to annoy people, it seems.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Zenity said:

I have no idea why anyone would wish to close off an Epic mission item in this way

It was done because it could be done.  As always there will be jackasses that do crap like that, skirting the technicalities by being jerks and usually getting their rocks off by doing so snickering in their moms basement like the trolls they are.

• Like 2