Sign in to follow this  
Brash_Endeavors

"I Wish I Could Have Entered This" AKA, The Tapestry Overflow Thread

So, Rhea gave me an idea.

She mentioned in the Tapestry Competition thread how frustrating it was to limit the contest to ONE ENTRY per person, when the very nature of the contest got us all juiced up with crazy ideas.

So ... consider this an OVERFLOW thread, of all the things we WANTED TO ENTER BUT COULDN'T, because of the rules limitations.

"Mystic Unicorn," inspired by a WU project:

86sQUaE.jpg

This  a variation of a 2014 post I made about Deity themed tapestries, which Evening's  incredible tapestry reminded me to work on again,  

it is a collection called "Four Deities", which is based of digitally altered screenshots other players have taken over the years of the God Avatars in the game. 

F9kO9Nl.jpg

"Birch Trees On Red Tundra" 

WFYaMSP.jpg

IF YOU HAD EXCESS IDEAS THAT YOU WERE NOT ALLOWED TO ENTER DUE TO CONTEST RULES -- POST EM HERE!!!

Edited by Brash_Endeavors
  • Like 7

I love them all!  The gods tapestry idea is kinda what I was going for in the other entry, we need to enter one tapestry only but I wanted tapestries of all the gods and a dragon too, so all one could do was to put all of them on one tapestry.  I hope they allow a tapestry of each god though, yours are so so so cool!  Obviously the uni too, I like the first one    :wub:.  And the hog roast looks yum. 

2 minutes ago, Fairyshine said:

Obviously the uni too, I like the first one    :wub:.  

Ack I took out "the first one" as I was afraid I was going a little too ... hog-wild. But since you mentioned that one specifically, I should add it back maybe :P

So ..putting back "Mystic Unicorn Version #1":

Z9XrF4l.jpg

• Like 2

How-wild?  No such thing!  I would make it more pink and purple...as you know my Party Palace is one big pink ball of shine which requires at least two pair of sunnies  (edit: Sunglasses, for those not living in Australia) to behold!  :lol:

Edited by Fairyshine
  • Like 1

"Winter Storm At Nettlesnook"  ...  because I love my "other life"  on Sklotopolis:

CjVckY1.jpg

• Like 4

Ty Brash for supporting my ideas and lets hope Devs can hear us :) Glad you like my Roast Boar, it is simple but can add great decor accent to any wall of Inn or kitchen etc. Stained glass effect works too but bit too busy as to my taste.

Well, I decided to follow your thread and post 2 more tapestries ideas I had too and lets see what happens LOL

Here is one from "Uniques" series:

Portrait of Blue Dragon.

v5sZjHr.jpg

Here is another from "Xanadu landscapes" series :

Sailing away

sBCmCeW.jpg

Can post original screens if someone interested.

Anyways, Good luck everyone with contest !

• Like 4

I love both of those, I can;t even decide which one I love more :) Probably "Portrait Of A Blue Dragon" since i just has WURM!LOVE all over it.

But, "Sailing Away"/Xanadu Landscapes has such a lovely romantic "old fashioned" aura, like something from the very early days of photography. That is the one i would want to put in my own house.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Brash_Endeavors said:

I love both of those, I can;t even decide which one I love more :) Probably "Portrait Of A Blue Dragon" since i just has WURM!LOVE all over it.

But, "Sailing Away"/Xanadu Landscapes has such a lovely romantic "old fashioned" aura, like something from the very early days of photography. That is the one i would want to put in my own house.

Thank you Brash :)

I have more LOL  I love your work too , especially "Four deities" , as series not just one ,they can look great together on church walls or in some sanctuary room and "Winter storm At Nettlesnook "has very interesting foil effect look.

Devs, just give us more contests hehe.

• Like 1

Of course, one entry per person is to keep it fair, same as every other contest out there, but I have to say those are some really nice ones!

I know and I do not expect any rule changes.

I just wanted some place we could show off "alternates if we could have alternates"

More as a release valve for restrained creative urges. 

One reason I chose this Artisan's  subforum is, this is the most appropriate place to do something like this. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Brash_Endeavors said:

This  a variation of a 2014 post I made about Deity themed tapestries, which Evening's  incredible tapestry reminded me to work on again,  

it is a collection called "Four Deities", which is based of digitally altered screenshots other players have taken over the years of the God Avatars in the game. 

F9kO9Nl.jpg

I so want these hanging on my wall!!!

All of them are beautiful. Too bad we can't have them all.  :)

Edited by Amadee

Reviving an old thread I know, but I wasn't playing back when this contest happened so...here are my favorite old screenshots that I would like to have on a tapestry, maybe one day we can get some more :)

wSWi3hE.jpg

1IT6cGn.jpg

nTbXdfE.jpg

• Like 1

Those are beautiful Tilda! 

I wish we could have tapestries or wall hangings (even banners) with more Wurm critters like deer, unicorns, even chickens with baby chicks or perhaps wolves, bears, even scorpions, trolls and goblins.  Other things could be the option to print a screenshot onto a tapestry, then people can put their noob shack in the background while the char is wearing noobie gear, and later they can make another tapestry to show their castles or bridges while they are sitting on their piebald steer with great armor.  Or perhaps a pretty scene like the ones you depicted above. This could be a kind of photo album of memories or progress in the game.

Edit: Don't forget whales and dolphins or seals for the critter list. 

Edited by Fairyshine
Seacreatures are creatures too!
  • Like 1

gee you guys, you miss out on a lot, you have to have stuff like this as part of the game, with no mod support it must really suck, but then we miss out on a lot, because it's WO only.. some of these may end up finding their way into WU somewhere down the line, anything is possible.. these are real nice.