Sign in to follow this  
Kegan

Secret Door - New Wall

I would like to have a wall that looks like a solid wall but is in fact a secret door that just looks like a wall. It should have the same mechanic that the rock mine door does so that you have the chance to see the door on examine so that the pvp crowd could find the door. (can also see that it is a door when bashing) 

We need this for all wall types...  :) 

• Like 4

suggested somewhere else a few time already... obvious +1 from me as well.

Edited by Odynn

no brainer here, +1.

Don't half ass it either devs, make one for each wall type.  Stone wall, plain stone wall, timber wall, wooden wall, etc,

I think this is what you are talking about just saw this post thought I'd bring it to life in 3Dsmax so you have the idea live. If this is the idea like and make sure to point the devs at the video.

• Like 4

Sounds like a fun feature to keep house visitors guessing. I would put one of these on a wall that leads out into the mine opening. In mines they might be even better, especially on a wall that leads out into the perimeter.

=Ayes=

These would be great on mazes as well and the option to not give info on said wall when hovering over it other wise secret door is not so secret when you hover over it and it says door.

Yeah, he stated you would need to use *examine* to find it but *shhhhh* that's a secret...

4 hours ago, Kegan said:

It should have the same mechanic that the rock mine door does so that you have the chance to see the door on examine

=Ayes=

Call me optimistic about things but here is how things could roll out over time. Remember I look deep into things.

1. new spell locate hidden doors is added = cheat in my book

So lets add the ability to set traps on these doors.....OK sounds good

1. now we add disarm trap skill
  2. now we add cheat spell disarm trap door

Now this sounds good but in pve you wouldn't want this trap stuff and a argument would form. Yet I'm not a pvp fan at all but I would actually want this in pve cause if you want to snoop on my deed then you deserve to get smacked and possibly killed for sticking your nose in places you are not wanted, an it can go deeper but I do love the hidden door and would even go as to trap door floors and secret floor doors on pve that if opened you get a rope that drops down to climb up.

The ability to make new great things in dungeons and mazes make it worth wild to actually make so there is some real challenge to get threw things created like this.

Got ideas share what you can think of that would make this idea great and needed to ad fun and adventure to WO.

I think Erevorn suggested this. Gave me the idea of having a locked door hidden behind a wardrobe.

+1

I have hidden doors now using bookshelves to cover it up but would love to have it in plain sight and yes the video Arkonick has made was exactly what i was talking about. 

Edited by Kegan

Suggested to not show on hoover, simular to rock mine doors rather.

Did I say +1 already or was that in another topic?

I use doors behind furniture also (between the flats of my terraced house).

Edited by Cecci

But if it doesn't show name on hovering over then it becomes quite obvious to detect. And if it shows wrong name, it can confuse those who build and legally pass through it.

8 hours ago, zigozag said:

But if it doesn't show name on hovering over then it becomes quite obvious to detect.

I am thinking that Kegan meant that mouse (hovering) over would just show this as a wall rather than a type of *secret* door, whereas using "Examine" on it would reveal that it was one. Other than that yeah, the intent is to confuse other players.

=Ayes=

+1  Sounds like a fun feature!

Edited by Batta

I had a suggestion like this a couple years ago, but for mine walls.  That idea was no longer as relevant with the building in mines feature, but this would always be a great feature :)

+1