Sign in to follow this  
Mortisinmi

Unstable client - Too dark

I find the unstable client too much dark than stable.

Unstable

3zphjTk.png

Stable

d7qq8kO.png

You can probably adjust this under your graphics card control panel : NVidia Control Panel or Catalyst Control Center

For NVidia look under Display::Adjust Desktop Color Settings

Try a slight amount of higher Gamma, and/or minor tweaks to Brightness/Contrast, to get it exactly  the way you like, You can also make other color adjustments if you prefer 'more vibrant" , more greens versus reds etc

if you do not have Nvidia/geforce, or these options are not available to you, let me know what graphics card you have.

My own monitor has a tendency to come out rather DARK at times so i often have to finetune if a specific game is dark for me. Other people running Unstable may not have the same issue as you.

Edited by Brash_Endeavors

I'm doing photography and i don't have problem with my configuration, i checked it (Thank you for the link of the video, i wasn't sure it was that).

The problem is that the two clients have colors too different like show this picture. Unstable client have a yellow pedominance in its textures, like a yellow filter.

Unstable client is far too dark - a reasonable quality lantern (80ql) only casts a dim glow over a few tiles. Originally, before the dimming of caves it was so much better, and you could actually see...

Now a 60ql lamp only cast light on a 3x3 area.

Edited by Wulfmaer

Overall brightness of the 4.0 client will still be adjusted, possibly in the next update.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Samool said:

Overall brightness of the 4.0 client will still be adjusted, possibly in the next update.

Caves were nice then it got really dark, can't see squat underground and above at night I am back to eyestrain trying to see where to go. I don't think I should be cranking up my gamma just for wurm, I do other things with my pc and don't want to be fiddling with the video each time I do a different task.

Edited by JakeRivers
  • Like 1

I will wait the adjustment before use again unstable it hurts a lot eyes.

Lanterns are more than adequate. You can apply a white dye to boost them if need be but night time is meant to be dark.. You have all the tools to counteract the darkness in-game, there's no need to change game light values.

I have the yellow or reddish tint to, so if i use the unstable client with the low water setting, the water is deep green... while in stable client it is turkoise. But worse than that the performance of the unstable client is unplayable laggy and it does crash in the first 30 minutes. My system is a Core i5 with 8GB Ram, RADEONHD6850M 1GB Graphic.

Edited by Sirene

too dark outside, even darker inside, lighten up already!

BsCgiC0.jpg

jDzBCeB.jpg

there is a dragon standing 3-4 tiles from me, believe it or not

Edited by JakeRivers