Sign in to follow this  
Shmeric

Increase the cargo access range of ships

Hey.

I embark my cog as commander, but when I try to reorganize the items in the hold (drag items from one crate to another), I get

[12:39:16] You are too far away from the mortar now.

Same happens as a passenger on knarr.

Please increase the cargo hold ranges for some/all ships. Thank you :)

Edited by Shmeric
  • Like 5

yeah it's slightly mad atm.
Even embarking as commander is affected. I have to get to the arse end of the ship before i'm allowed to embark it.
I find myself saying out loud, `oh!, is it not in range, how about now? .. no? ,, but it's there, if i fell over sideways i'd end up in it.`

I can of course, adapt but.. hmm.

• Like 1

i remember times when i can be away from boat even 6 tiles and can use  boat

+1, and I'll also bring up the tiny "open" range for sailboats needs to be looked at.  Embark as commander, or you're never close enough to do so.

+1 and I will add that the reach range from carts is also not consistent all round the cart - the range in front of the cart should at least be the same as when you disembark and can reach from the client - surely?

+1 being in the front of a sailboat sometimes can't get into hold.

+1 for all vehicles.  It's a bit annoying to be standing in the model for the vehicle but not be able to reach it or something in it.  Perhaps the range is designated from a single small point of reference, the actual point that is considered by the server to be the core of the item, could it be made the entire model instead?

+1

Just as a note: you can reach wagon hold from back end also.

Well, at least if you walk in to backend.

The not beeing able to reach hold is specially irritating when you spend months swimming in the sea to build dirtpillars for bridges.

And to get back on board to rest before drouning.

Edited by Cecci

as pointed out in stormblades diagram it is based around the captain/driver spot, so extending it gets a little wonky, but will speak with the devs about it. 

• Like 1

This is typically a topic that comes up regularly as it is a regular problem since years, or at least since the new boat designs came out.

4 hours ago, Retrograde said:

as pointed out in stormblades diagram it is based around the captain/driver spot, so extending it gets a little wonky, but will speak with the devs about it. 

Thank you! :)

There seems to be a different mechanics for items in the boat hold and items stored in crates within the hold. I would guess it's actually something to do with crate's access range, rather than ship's?

As seen from this professionaly drawn artpiece.

I can take a pile of dirt from ship's hold from quite far distance, but when I try to take a pile of dirt from a crate in the ship's hold, at same distance, then it's "too far".

eOcsKom.png

Same applies for dragging crates between ships or wagons - from a far distance.

• Like 1

Exactly!

For this reason I sometimes have loads of rafts besides the crates and fill up the rafts with dirt before I start swimming.