Sign in to follow this  
Loink

Allow Kingdom Tabard's on PVE

Allow chaos players to keep their kingdoms tabard design when moving to a pve server, this shouldn't work like kingdom banners as to where we would create kingdom tabards and sell them for everyone to wear but for example someone who is on Crusaders on chaos would keep their tabard design when going to exodus,indy,deli etc.. Would go for all kingdoms Hots, DD, Panda, Ebo.

An idea for those part of the freedom kingdom maybe tabards could be designed for each god for something and that would solve the problem for freedomers. It would go like this people would create several designs and everyone would vote on their favorites and then to create them someone following the deity would create a tabard specific to that one and it would stay as is when traded.

Edited by Loink
  • Like 3

if you simply mean that the tabbard shown on your toon displays the kingdom from /mykingdoms chaos line then i +1 it... meaning if someone else puts on that same tabbard and they are freedom or no kingdom on chaos it would show freedom design!  that would be awsome

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Evilreaper said:

if you simply mean that the tabbard shown on your toon displays the kingdom from /mykingdoms chaos line then i +1 it... meaning if someone else puts on that same tabbard and they are freedom or no kingdom on chaos it would show freedom design!  that would be awsome

Exactly that :)

Edited by Loink

There is another thread about it already but of course +1.

It would lessen the gap between the PVP and PVE players as PVE guys would be more aware that a lot of PVP players they actually know already on PVE too. I can imagine it could make some to give Chaos a try more easily as they would have a clue abouth the players they know are part of which kingdom.

• Like 2

I agree with Jaz.

We can see the kingdom model of wagons and banners, military tents, .... etc, why can't we see the "kingdom model" of characters (if she/he wants it)?
+1

• Like 1

The day freedom gets a similar mechanic is the day I'll +1 one of these XD

1 hour ago, Etherdrifter said:

What?

Who does it hurt, if you've played on pvp most your Wurm career and you want a break or the environment for pvp is stale atm, what harm is there in having a tabard, flags, towers etc. that differ from yours?

I have different named horses, different house styles, my mine is setup different, I used my mirror different, it's a very small thing to give to one segment of the player base that has endured quite a bit over time, agree or don't but if the reason is just " F those Pee Vee Pee guys ", get over it, who knows they might even buy some ###### off your merchant.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Kadore said:

Who does it hurt, if you've played on pvp most your Wurm career and you want a break or the environment for pvp is stale atm, what harm is there in having a tabard, flags, towers etc. that differ from yours?

I have different named horses, different house styles, my mine is setup different, I used my mirror different, it's a very small thing to give to one segment of the player base that has endured quite a bit over time, agree or don't but if the reason is just " F those Pee Vee Pee guys ", get over it, who knows they might even buy some ###### off your merchant.

Yea I figured it would get down votes and bad feedback just because it doesn't benefit most people on freedom.. They sure do love buying those kingdom banners from us to make their deeds pretty though.

Edited by Loink

+1

While I'd like some sort of kingdom-like system for Freedom, that's no reason to down vote this idea.

• Like 1

An idea for those part of the freedom kingdom maybe tabards could be designed for each god for something and that would solve the problem for freedomers. It would go like this people would create several designs and everyone would vote on their favorites and then to create them someone following the deity would create a tabard specific to that one and it would stay as is when traded.

Edited by Loink

11 hours ago, Loink said:

They sure do love buying those kingdom banners from us to make their deeds pretty though.

That's kind of why suggestions like this get -1ed so hard. ;)

That's kind of why suggestions like this get -1ed so hard. ;)

Somehow that makes sense to someone.

21 hours ago, Kadore said:

Dude, The attraction for pvp shouldn't even be more sandbox mechanics. 

21 hours ago, Kadore said:

it's a very small thing to give to one segment of the player base that has endured quite a bit over time, agree or don't but if the reason is just " F those Pee Vee Pee guys ", get over it, who knows they might even buy some ###### off your merchant.

Get off your high horse, all players should freely be able to make their own banners, tabards, and tents by uploading pictures with a size requirement and waiting for approval from staff in-game. There are hundreds of people on PvE that could possibly enjoy these mechanics, and PvP just has it to make extra money and look cool. Tents could be cool advertisements. Imagine going to a rift and seeing on somebody's tent some nice looking picture of a guy casting spells with title " Name's Enchanted Goods " and a lil' message giving an idea of some prices. People could make Banners for certain areas of their town rather than the small dinky little shop signs everybody have. 

It's not about F those Pee Vee Pee guys. Its about F those unique features they have that have nothing to do with fighting others or raiding, Just more money and looking cool.

5 minutes ago, Yiraia said:

Get off your high horse, all players should freely be able to make their own banners, tabards, and tents by uploading pictures with a size requirement and waiting for approval from staff in-game. There are hundreds of people on PvE that could possibly enjoy these mechanics, and PvP just has it to make extra money and look cool. Tents could be cool advertisements. Imagine going to a rift and seeing on somebody's tent some nice looking picture of a guy casting spells with title " Name's Enchanted Goods " and a lil' message giving an idea of some prices. People could make Banners for certain areas of their town rather than the small dinky little shop signs everybody have. 

It's not about F those Pee Vee Pee guys. Its about F those unique features they have that have nothing to do with fighting others or raiding, Just more money and looking cool.

So because you can't then using things already in game shouldn't be allowed either, I could give 2 ###### about the money and I don't pvp.

I'm just not against someone having something because I can't have what I want.

30 minutes ago, Yiraia said:

The reason I said kingdom tabards wouldn't be transferable to everyone is to avoid people selling those as well for money.. And I like your idea too but I don't see that happening anytime soon like I said more tabards could be made for each deity to give people more options on them as well. 

Edited by Loink

25 minutes ago, Kadore said:

So because you can't then using things already in game shouldn't be allowed either

What... I dont understand what you said. And the issue im seeing isnt "Aww i can't have it, PvP shouldnt have it." The issue is that there is a cool mechanic in PvP that has no effect on raiding and fighting, just customizing appearances and making money. The idea here, letting people in pvp wear their tabards in pve, is just promoting the "PvP looks cool and PvE looks duller feeling." Pvp should only have all PvE mechanics and additional cool PvP mechanics such as Artifacts, HotA, bonuses for kingdom leaders, functional archery towers. 

My -1 will persist for this because PvP and PvE should have equally awesome sandbox mechanics. In other words, Keep your tabards in PvP or bring it to everybody in PvE

59 minutes ago, Yiraia said:

While I don't totally disagree with some of your points on the matter, there is something to be said about having to defend the kingdom and its' lands in order to get these aesthetic features. If model and art changes were not limited to PvP servers, there could be a serious issue with overloading custom art assets for a single person's use. Now, I have seen some suggestions for fixing this issue, but as it stands with the present system you need to shoulder the risks to get the benefits of custom art assets. It also does directly influence PvP, as it adds an incentive to playing on those servers. 

I am sure you know this, but to those with similar arguments, you don't just "upload and wait for approval." You spend 1 gold to create a custom kingdom, which must have a certain number of characters active to found, then you must hold at least a capital deed for your kingdom to remain. After that, you can consider adding custom assets for your kingdom.

At any rate, I would like to see kingdom tabards allowed on Freedom servers, but... I am a little afraid of the interpersonal backlash, both between freedomers and chaosians, and other kingdoms. 

Edited by GorgonKain

5 minutes ago, Yiraia said:

What... I dont understand what you said. And the issue im seeing isnt "Aww i can't have it, PvP shouldnt have it." The issue is that there is a cool mechanic in PvP that has no effect on raiding and fighting, just customizing appearances and making money. The idea here, letting people in pvp wear their tabards in pve, is just promoting the "PvP looks cool and PvE looks duller feeling." Pvp should only have all PvE mechanics and additional cool PvP mechanics such as Artifacts, HotA, bonuses for kingdom leaders, functional archery towers. 

My -1 will persist for this because PvP and PvE should have equally awesome sandbox mechanics. In other words, Keep your tabards in PvP or bring it to everybody in PvE

I thought the original suggestion was I've played on pvp as " insert kingdom here ", I am currently on hiatus and would like to still represent " insert kingdom here " from afar, I don't think all your reservations and money making issues were the basis of their suggestion. 

39 minutes ago, Kadore said:

I thought the original suggestion was I've played on pvp as " insert kingdom here ", I am currently on hiatus and would like to still represent " insert kingdom here " from afar, I don't think all your reservations and money making issues were the basis of their suggestion. 

47 minutes ago, Yiraia said:

" The issue is that there is a cool mechanic in PvP that has no effect on raiding and fighting, just customizing appearances and making money. The idea here, letting people in pvp wear their tabards in pve, is just promoting the "PvP looks cool and PvE looks duller feeling." 

Am i not clear? My message wasn't edited.

48 minutes ago, GorgonKain said:

there is something to be said about having to defend the kingdom and its' lands in order to get these aesthetic features... It also does directly influence PvP, as it adds an incentive to playing on those servers. 

A person should like pvp for the thrill of a fight, the risk of losing items, and other usual reasons. Not for unique sandbox features.

51 minutes ago, GorgonKain said:

there could be a serious issue with overloading custom art assets for a single person's use. Now, I have seen some suggestions for fixing this issue, but as it stands with the present system you need to shoulder the risks to get the benefits of custom art assets.

That stuff I don't know about. I thought that after a server downloads my image and saves it, it will load just like every other texture loads. 

54 minutes ago, GorgonKain said:

I am sure you know this, but to those with similar arguments, you don't just "upload and wait for approval." You spend 1 gold to create a custom kingdom, which must have a certain number of characters active to found, then you must hold at least a capital deed for your kingdom to remain. After that, you can consider adding custom assets for your kingdom.

I'm aware of that, I almost considered making a kingdom in the future to get the customized stuff. The 1 gold and lackluster PvP is what threw me off. Cruddy idea honestly