Sign in to follow this  
Lisabet

Never Forgotten

nhwMk9W.jpg 

8jz6fIF.jpg

On August 5, 2007 these two soldiers were killed by a rocket attack in Baghdad, Iraq.  Today is the 10 year anniversary of their deaths, and I wanted to share this with others to help keep their memories alive.

The first one, Justin Blackwell was 27 and had a son that was born months before that deployment, as well as two daughters aged 2 and 8.  He was a good friend of mine, and was considered the unit's 'class clown', always good for a laugh.

The second soldier, Jeremy Bohannon turned 18 years old not long before the deployment.  I personally didn't know him that well, he was new to our company before we headed to Iraq on 7/7/07.  But tho he was the quiet type, he was also very friendly and helpful to anyone that needed it.

All three of us were in 59th Military Police Company, 759th Military Police Battalion, 89th Military Police Brigade, at Fort Carson, Colorado; I was their combat medic, taking care of them and all others in the company before and during the deployment.  Unfortunately there isn't much that can be done in the case of a rocket attack.  I know the pictures aren't the best quality, but I move them to every new computer I get so that I can remember them as they were instead of what I saw on their last day.

Edited by Lisabet
fixed the pics
  • Like 30

Thank you for sharing this lis, not many people know the harsh reality. Thank you for your service. These two men might be gone but they will never be forgotten. 

• Like 3

You are in my thoughts sweetie, and so are your lost ones <3

I'm always proud of you and thankful for having been your friend for some of those years. \o/

• Like 2

Thanks from me for your service Lis. I'm a nurse and my first ever job was in a war vets nursing home. I saw the impact combat had on them even years after so thanks for reminding us , we should never forget the sacrifice defence forces go through to make the rest of us safe.

• Like 3