Sign in to follow this  
Lei

Cave Paving

In my recent endeavours with underground paving, I noticed that it is not the same as above-ground paving. Much to my dismay, there is one huge difference. You can only pave an entire tile. The option to "pave nearest corner" is not available. With above ground paving, paving the nearest corner does not only make nice corners, but makes super nice paving-patterns possible.

Wurm Devs, please bring paving equality to the underground dwellers! We want fancy roads through our dark tunnels too!

• Like 2

I was wondering about this last week, I think it was left out perhaps because the coding maybe different below than it is above, be nice to have though.

Should the non-paved half just show the reinforced flooring?

I'd say for best appearance, make it show a normal cave floor. (though that doesn't make much logical sense) I assumed that's the reason it wasn't implemented. Gets tricky, but anything to make it happen would be amazing!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Tich said:

Should the non-paved half just show the reinforced flooring?

you mean, if there's no adjacent floor tile to match?

What about matching the wall(s) opposite the paved corner?

Not sure anyone would like how that would look.  Trying to picture it in mind, but just tossing it out there as a thought.

Everytime i see the need to `fill this corner` i think to myself that it will be a forthcoming update and the frustration passes.
still, for the count
+1
as for what to merge, yeah, normal rock floor, cept flat, like the surroundings that usually .. surround a reinforced tile.
If adjacent tile is reinforced, it's only a small area, flat rock seems adequate.
If adjacent tile =  reinforced and paved with a different texture then, apply said texture to mingling.

I see that this would require two mergence eventualities;
- rock texture instead of reinforced
- paved texture instead of rock texture

I've reached the limit of my understanding and have nothing more to say.

Edited by Steveleeb