header.png

Karma - Angelklaine

Hi Everyone! 

A surprise in this weeks news with a long suggested and requested addition finally coming, and that's not all, we'll recap what's been going on this week  as well! But first...

Patch Notes

Spoiler

Changes and additions

• 100 shield smithing title added.
  • Eyes have been added to the huge spider butchered item list.

Bug Fixes

• Bugfix:  Fixed an issue with pushing items onto cave bridges as well as pushing items out of doors which had bridges above.
  • Bugfix:  Cooked meat has been removed from the list of valid mission items.
  • Bugfix:  Wells and fountains should auto-fill again if they are on a water source tile.
  • Bugfix: Fixed an issue with destroying house walls on underground buildings even though you were the owner.
  • Bugfix:  Fixed an issue with building permissions when trying to move items into a planted bins.
  • Bugfix:  In Game wiki links have been fixed.
  • Bugfix: Reduced fuel usage runes now work as intended.
  • Bugfix:  Fixed rune power loss with item use.
  • Bugfix: Enchanted arrows will no longer go into bulk bins.
  • Bugfix:  Removed epic structures from the Create Items mission lists.
  • 4.0 Client: Fixed the issue with hitched creature placement.
  • 4.0 Client: Fixed the issue with disappearing embarked players.
  • 4.0 Client: Adjusted the brightness on building doors.

A crate surprise
With the launch of 1.3 we introduced several new storage options with the barrel and wine barrel rack, the planter rack, and the amphora rack. Today we tease a new rack coming, one that's been asked about for a while now, the crate rack!

crate.png

The crate rack will hold 30 large crates and a whopping 50 small, stockpiling just got a whole lot easier!

Highway testing
We've had a few races this week using the new highway routing system which is a lot of fun and really easy to follow. We'll be continuing to hold random events with a little notice, but we also encourage you to jump on and try it all for yourself. It's a huge system with a lot of possible uses so make sure you spend the time learning it!

For testing and a guide check out this thread here:

Midsummers event all wrapped up!
I'd like to thank you all for attending the Midsummers event and providing your feedback. It was a lot of fun and I've learned some valuable lessons for future events (not so long!) We have some more events planned in the future, so stay tuned for those.

Unstable client!
The unstable client is extremely close to going stable and replacing the existing one, so it's incredibly important that you try it and report ANY issues you have with it. if you have bad performance, crashes, anything that could hinder your play compared to the stable client it's incredibly important that you do report these before it goes live as the stable client. Failure to do so may impact your play if any issues arise from the use of the unstable client and we definitely do not want that to happen! 

The unstable client link can be found here:

http://www.wurmonline.com/client/wurmclient_unstable.jnlp

Community Content - Tapestry comp
There's been some amazing submissions to the tapestry competition, (I'm torn between so many!) I thoroughly advise taking the time to look through them. I may have to nag Saroman about more than one winner...

Not only are we working on the highway system, work continues on the valrei overhaul, the creature movement changes and the new skill coming to the game. There's a lot in the works, and I'm keen to share all the information on them as they near completion. Until then though, keep on Wurming!

Retrograde & the Wurm team.

• Like 31

my storage shed will look all pretty as i want it to look, thanks for the crate storage.

Now i need make lots large crate.

Spoiler

wurm.20151031.1804.jpg

• Like 2

Crate Racks?  I just bought a Caravel for a crate rack.  lol. :(  Nice to see coming to game though.

55 minutes ago, Nomadikhan said:

New skill?  Anyone have the scoop?

Ice cream.

A very big thank you for the crate rack and again for the midsummer event which was fun!

Thank you for crate rack! 

ah.uhm..i noticed that nobody said it but i'll be the greedy one,can we have bsb racks too? please :D

• Like 2

Wts 8x Corbita

I hope the crates won't take damage while inside them, i mostly wished crates stopped taking damage whileinside ships (on deed).
But i guess this works too :D

Huzzah and hooray for crate racks!!!  I'll be able to put the wagon back in the garage!!

23BG2O8.jpg

• Like 7

Kinda a bummer to see the capacity reduced to 30 large, a few days ago I built 51 crates to just see how many I could drop into the rack I was playing around with.

FYxCTBl.jpg?1

30 crates will just mean more racks to build, which is still way way better than not having crate racks to begin with, my shop is going to look so much more roomier now.

13 minutes ago, Dorian said:

Huzzah and hooray for crate racks!!!  I'll be able to put the wagon back in the garage!!

23BG2O8.jpg

This.  Also, less need for large storage buildings. :)

Omg, thank you so much <3 I cant wait to clean mess on my deed and get more organized :D

Oh yea, this will give me back space in my ships.... great!

Chimes in on the great *soon to come addition of crate racks into the game. Somehow I accumulated so many of them when moving out of Xanadu, which are now all lined up inside my mine in several rows. Looking forward to storing these in the new crate racks somewhere.

=Ayes=

Pefect timing for the crate rack... I can almost build large crates xD

But.. new skill? Did I miss anything? :o

• Like 1

i asked for the crates storage when the barrel one came out. also a fishing rod stand.  please add that next  thanks. love, Validate

26 minutes ago, validate said:

i asked for the crates storage when the barrel one came out. also a fishing rod stand.  please add that next  thanks. love, Validate

Hope the fishing rod stand would look like the classic round ones you see everywhere.  I have one too.

Solid Mesquite rod and reel holder. This Rod holder holds 16 rods and has a individual lock for each rod.  Mounted on a "Lazy Susan" so the entire unit spins to get the equipment in front of you.

• Like 4

Be a lot easier if they would just allow fishing poles to fit on the spear/staff//polearm racks again. 

Edited by Brash_Endeavors
  • Like 4