Sign in to follow this  
Shyruban

Bridge destruction Inconsistencies

I have found some sort of bug with bridges when you destroy them, or there is something in the mechanics of it that nobody seems to have an answer for.

I've built and demolished a lot of bridges, 50 to 60 built and maybe destroyed 10 or 12.

What I have found through destroying them, all were on deed, is that sometimes you only need to destroy 1 section for the whole bridge to vanish, other times

you need to destroy every single sections for the bridge to vanish, regardless of whether it is attached to a building or if it has both ends layed on the ground.

Most bridges i destroyed so far were pretty short ones that needed replacing with longer ones.

But now i have a 22 tiles long bridge to destroy, it is off deed but was built by me, i can only do 0.40 dmg per bash on it and I calculated that

it would take 42 hours of bashing if i end up having to destroy all sections of it. It needs to be replaced by a 2 x 22 to be part of a highway i have built.

There seem to be no special common thing to the bridge i destroyed and whether it took 1 tile or all tile to make them vanish, apart from all being arch stone.

i really need to figure out if there's some ways im onaware of to make sure a bridge can be destroyed with 1 tile, there is no way i am willing to spend 42 hours bashing :)

Thanx for any help

16 hours ago, Shyruban said:

I have found some sort of bug with bridges when you destroy them, or there is something in the mechanics of it that nobody seems to have an answer for.

I've built and demolished a lot of bridges, 50 to 60 built and maybe destroyed 10 or 12.

What I have found through destroying them, all were on deed, is that sometimes you only need to destroy 1 section for the whole bridge to vanish, other times

you need to destroy every single sections for the bridge to vanish, regardless of whether it is attached to a building or if it has both ends layed on the ground.

Most bridges i destroyed so far were pretty short ones that needed replacing with longer ones.

But now i have a 22 tiles long bridge to destroy, it is off deed but was built by me, i can only do 0.40 dmg per bash on it and I calculated that

it would take 42 hours of bashing if i end up having to destroy all sections of it. It needs to be replaced by a 2 x 22 to be part of a highway i have built.

There seem to be no special common thing to the bridge i destroyed and whether it took 1 tile or all tile to make them vanish, apart from all being arch stone.

i really need to figure out if there's some ways im onaware of to make sure a bridge can be destroyed with 1 tile, there is no way i am willing to spend 42 hours bashing :)

Thanx for any help

Bashing stuff offdeed has no bash bonus and your best option to get rid of it is using a catapult. I recently destroyed a small 1x5 wood bridge that was in the way of a remodel job. Some sections were very difficult to land a shot on, so you will end up catapulting parts from either end and from the sides to get all the sections. I have catapulted and destroyed various bridges on chaos before the catapult change and it was much easier back then.

Because the catapult will fire a 3 tile shot with a 10 winch, I would start by taking out the middle of the bridge from right on the bridge and work backwards down the bridge as you take out each section. As catapults work just fine on bridges and a 22 span bridge would mean a lot of winching to take out from either end.