Sign in to follow this  
ozmods

no bees

so i started a fresh map yesterday (avalon ) and when i do a fly around there are no bee hives anywhere, even the mod launcher shows 0 beehives, i've tried 2-3 times with the same result the crops grow fine but there are no bee hives at all.

is anyone else getting this ???

it was working fine on my last map that i was working on, but this time it's not, suggestions please?

It probably depends what season you are currently in. It's also possible it takes a period for hives to spawn in. I believe they will not spawn in late fall/winter, then start spawning in the spring.

Wurmpedia: A wild bee hive is a randomly spawned item that appears on the side of trees. They appear in the spring, and vanish at the end of the Wurm year, in autumn and winter.

Edited by Brash_Endeavors

Yes bees only spawn during spring, if your map starts later in the year, you'll need to wait for next year. Found this out when i opened my most recent server (also named, funnily enough, Avalon)

odd because my other server had avalon running with bees in it, without an issue, the map file was a backup (i set up a save archive just after deeding, before clearing). But when i load a clean map there are no bees whatsoever. I only had to start a new map because crops were not growing, and i couldnt figure out why.... I lost months of construction.

It takes some time for them to spawn if the correct season, especially with an 8k map (which Avalon is, iirc). Open the items database and search for hive will tell you how many there are.

just checked the databases and i couldnt find anything,

usually they appear in the first wurm day or 2, but there is nothing, the databases are all empty of bees hives. this one has me stumped.

>"usually they appear in the first wurm day or 2"

No, they are random and "might" take more than a "wurm day" (which is only three hours realtime)

Also some tree types won't spawn hives so don't make too many of those type. (I forget now, olive walnut chestnut + ???)

8K seems like an extraordinarily big map. 

Edited by Brash_Endeavors

yeah i think something is bugged, because by now i would have maybe 500 bee hives across the map, but i dont have a single one.

Untitled.png

this is highly irregular, they dont spawn on nut trees, fruit trees or olive.

Untitled.png

previous save that wont grow crops, and this is within a full day (irl)

A couple real days is what I would expect, because of the random factor. I've had it take even longer before on test worlds, so I'm not surprised by this. Sounds like its ramping up nicely now.

but i'm not getting any at all, i'm guessing somethng was changed, with the last update, because on my "cooking update" map there are like 5000 bee hives, across my map and steadily rising,.. starting a clean map gives me no bee hives.

What season is your server in now, Ozmods?

right now i'm in between the digging starfall and the starfall of the leaf,(im about 2 IRL days for oleanders.  i started a new server a few days ago, and by now i've got bees, but there hasnt been even one bee hive. on my previous i had bees, but crops wouldnt grow, or if they did it would be 1 would grow, ie pumpkins would but sugarbeets wouldnt so i had to make a new server so i had food for my character,

usually by now i have around 500 hives. that was before the last update.

hope this helps.

bees are working fine now, i had deleted my game and reinstalled it a few days ago, and i have bees now, not sure what starfall it started in but all good now.

• Like 1