Sign in to follow this  
Shyruban

Destroying bridges questions

Recommended Posts

Hi...

I have built many bridges and destroyed a few, I noticed one thing is that sometimes destroying just one section

makes the whole bridge disappear, other times you have to destroy every single section of it.

Normally, this don't bother me much as most bridges i destroyed were on deed, but now I have a 24 tile long bridge that need going so it can be replaced by a 24 x 2.

What I really need to know is what makes it that some bridges disappear after destroying 1 section and others you need to destroy every single section?

I know it has none to do with whether it's on or off deed, I know it has none to do with whether the bridge is attached to a building. Can it have to do with which end of bridge you destroy first?

If I have to destroy all 24 tiles off deed, it will take forever.

Thanx for any answers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think if bridge is attached to the buildings and you destroy one of them, whole bridge gonna disappear.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Shyruban said:

Can it have to do with which end of bridge you destroy first?

If I have to destroy all 24 tiles off deed, it will take forever.

Destroy one end. If the bridge still remains destroy the other end. Since the bridge has no support on either end I would *think* the rest will vanish. If middle sections remain continue this pattern of destroying one section from each end because maybe those second sections on each end offer some sort of support for the rest of it. Post again here of your results as I would like to know what happened.

 

=Ayes=

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Ayes said:

Destroy one end. If the bridge still remains destroy the other end. Since the bridge has no support on either end I would *think* the rest will vanish. If middle sections remain continue this pattern of destroying one section from each end because maybe those second sections on each end offer some sort of support for the rest of it. Post again here of your results as I would like to know what happened.

 

=Ayes=

I have tried something like that before :)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Wilczan said:

I think if bridge is attached to the buildings and you destroy one of them, whole bridge gonna disappear.

I guess you didn't read my post, it has none to do with being attached to a building or not.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Shyruban said:

I guess you didn't read my post, it has none to do with being attached to a building or not.

Like I said, if bridge is connected to the building, you can destroy it completly by removing the building or you need to bash every single tile.

 

If bridge is connected to the ground only, I'am afraid that you need to bash every single tile.

 

Info from the wiki:

" Any bridges connected directly to a structure will disappear with the structure. Bridges connecting to the ground in front of a structure will remain. "

 

Edited by Wilczan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Wilczan said:

Like I said, if bridge is connected to the building, you can destroy it completly by removing the building or you need to bash every single tile.

 

If bridge is connected to the ground only, I'am afraid that you need to bash every single tile.

 

Info from the wiki:

" Any bridges connected directly to a structure will disappear with the structure. Bridges connecting to the ground in front of a structure will remain. "

 

Yeah ok, has none to do with what i asked and i've known that bridges disappears if attached to a building and building is destroyed, my post also says that it is not a matter of being attached to a building or not, i destroyed 3 bridges at my place to replace them with longer ones, all 3 were only attached to ground, 1 of them disppeared as soon as i destroyed 1 section, while 2 others, i had to destroy every single section, all 3 bridges were identical.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The tile which you destroyed on the bridge that then disappeared completely: did that happen to be the most NW-tile of the bridge? (Not that I have any 'theory' that makes sense for you around that question; just that I often find NW-corners are 'deciding' for all kinds of things - so just a wild hunch really).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Kianga said:

The tile which you destroyed on the bridge that then disappeared completely: did that happen to be the most NW-tile of the bridge? (Not that I have any 'theory' that makes sense for you around that question; just that I often find NW-corners are 'deciding' for all kinds of things - so just a wild hunch really).

No it wasent, one of the bridges that vanished after destroying one tile, i started on south side of.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/4/2017 at 11:33 AM, Shyruban said:

No it wasent, one of the bridges that vanished after destroying one tile, i started on south side of.

 

That has to be a bug, the bridge needs to be removed entirely, only time I have one shoted a bridge was clicking on the support building plan after we catapulted that.

 

Like I said before, get the catapult out and take it down one section at a time.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When they were first implemented and for a while after they would disappear if you destroyed 1 section of the bridge. That was corrected due to pvp players being able to destroy a bridge of an enemy with just bashing 1 section. At least that was was I was told.

 

There are many things that pve players pays for with tedium due to pvp players QoL. :)  I am not trying to be snarky it is just a fact of wurm.

 

edit: I asked this same question june of last year, no one came out and said it was changed but I have had to destroy any bridges since then by taking down all sections of the bridge.

Edited by Saicotic

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/15/2017 at 1:01 PM, Saicotic said:

That was corrected due to pvp players being able to destroy a bridge of an enemy with just bashing 1 section. At least that was was I was told.

 

Would you like a 3x38 section freedom bridge to vanish because someone simply bashed out one section?

 

Making something easy to destroy has the consequence of making it easy to grief at the same time.

Edited by JakeRivers

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, JakeRivers said:

 

Would you like a 3x38 section freedom bridge to vanish because someone simply bashed out one section?

 

Making something easy to destroy has the consequence of making it easy to grief at the same time.

But builder of the bridge should have ability to do this.

 

Or at least should have big bonus for bashing it.

Edited by Wilczan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this