Sign in to follow this  
sgtscuba

Cannot see server in LAN or Internet

Hi, I'm attempting to set up a server for me and a couple of friends to play on but i'm having trouble getting the server to work correctly. I've port forwarded to the PC and confirmed that it is forwarded but when I run the server, it does not show up in LAN or the Internet tab. I'm trying to use the "Creative" profile which has picked up my internal IP address correctly. I have changed the name of the server to "sgtscubas" so to avoid any conflicting names.

The server version matches the client version.

I'm running the server as administrator on a Windows 10 machine if that makes any difference. Could it be Windows firewall now blocking it even though both the apps are allowed through the firewall?

I've opened the ports as per the wurmpedia page here:

https://www.wurmpedia.com/index.php/Server_administration_(Wurm_Unlimited)

I'm now redownloading the server just to see if I corrupted the profile somehow.

Also, out of interest, if I launch an "offline" server, it says connected to steam but I cannot see the server within the LAN section either so I think the problem is related. I can direct connect using 127.0.0.1 to the server and it lets me login when hosting an "offline" server.

Edited by sgtscuba