Sign in to follow this  
Galatyn

Create water tile

Similar to changing tile types (e.g. sand to clay), create a transmutation liquid to apply to a tile to enable it to be a water tile.  This would be nice to be able to place auto-refillable fountains in center of courtyards or near forges.

• Like 7

+1 to that idea, surprised there isn't something like this already in game.

If transmutation rods exist, why not this? :)

• Like 1

so it doesn't change the look of the tile, just makes it like the tiles found with a pendulum?

+1

Would it work on rock?  In a mine?  Grass only?

Would it make sense to make it kind of like guard towers, as in 1 in a 10 tile radius for example?  Not sure any limitation is warranted, just asking.

• Like 1

+1 there are more fruit juices waiting to be put to good use :)

+1 to having wells where they are actually more handy 8)

just make it a priest spell, like a courier cast

add it to all priests so no one can cry imbalance ;)

Edited by JakeRivers
  • Like 3

+1 Would be very nice to have wells where they look good and function

I would love to see a re-work of fountains and wells as a whole.

Wells:

1. I would like wells to be built on a tile, like guard towers.
  2. Not be restricted to "water tiles"
  3. Have a building cost based on how far down to water level the tile is. (similar to how bridges calculate supports)
  4. Not have a standing amount of water.
  5. Produce 12 Liters of water per "Draw water" action
  6. Have speed of "Draw water" action improved by well Quality and Body Strength of user.
  7. "Draw water" action should improve Body, Body Strength, and Body Stamina.
  8. Damage of well would lower water quality

Fountains:

1. I would like fountains to be built on a tile, like guard towers.
  2. Restricted to water tiles.
  3. Should be able to maintain their large amounts of water.
  4. Would fill 1-10 liters based on strength of water tile they are on.
  5. Have a fill speed improved by fountain Quality (basically full strength at 50QL, double(x2) at 70QL, quadruple(x4) at 90ql, and Octuple(x8) with 100ql)
  6. Damage on fountain would degrade quality of water added
  7. Quality of fountain would determine "evaporation level" how much water is lost per tick. (or amount of damage water takes over time)

Now I certainly don't think this is a definitive set of rules for improving things, but I just wanted to get the ball rolling for a better more robust system.  Thanks for listening.

• Like 3

that's a good thing to address, but I like Tallios' suggestion a lot better actually. It's a shame that wells are being made so utterly obsolete because fountains exist.

• Like 1

+1 if you mean to make tiles to build wells and fountains on and even if it turns it into like a harbor waterfilled tile be easier for the seal pen i plan on building with a pool of water in it

On a WU server we have a spell that can be cast on wells and fountains to make them permanently fill with water just as if they were on a water tile. Too bad WO.....

=Ayes=

• Like 1

+1  Especially the enchanting from priests, either the tile or the fountain (fountain enchant would actually be cooler.)

On 8/1/2017 at 11:38 AM, Ayluin said:

+1 Would be very nice to have wells where they look good and function

In the meantime, what we do is to create a fountain over a water tile, wait until it's full, then drag it to where we want it It takes a really long time to use up the 1125 litres of water. When it starts to get low, we drag it back over to the water tile to refill.  It takes a bit of labour, but allows us to put fountains wherever we wish.  Haven't tried it with a well yet, but I'm guessing it would work just as well for them...just would need refilling more often, as wells hold only 125 kgs of water.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Batta said:

In the meantime, what we do is to create a fountain over a water tile, wait until it's full, then drag it to where we want it It takes a really long time to use up the 1125 litres of water. When it starts to get low, we drag it back over to the water tile to refill.  It takes a bit of labour, but allows us to put fountains wherever we wish.  Haven't tried it with a well yet, but I'm guessing it would work just as well for them...just would need refilling more often, as wells hold only 125 kgs of water.

or we could fill a huge tub in a wagon with water and haul that around to "fill up" fountains

On 8/1/2017 at 4:32 PM, Tallios said:

Wells:

1. I would like wells to be built on a tile, like guard towers.
  2. Not be restricted to "water tiles"
  3. Have a building cost based on how far down to water level the tile is. (similar to how bridges calculate supports)
  4. Not have a standing amount of water.
  5. Produce 12 Liters of water per "Draw water" action
  6. Have speed of "Draw water" action improved by well Quality and Body Strength of user.
  7. "Draw water" action should improve Body, Body Strength, and Body Stamina.
  8. Damage of well would lower water quality

Fountains:

1. I would like fountains to be built on a tile, like guard towers.
  2. Restricted to water tiles.
  3. Should be able to maintain their large amounts of water.
  4. Would fill 1-10 liters based on strength of water tile they are on.
  5. Have a fill speed improved by fountain Quality (basically full strength at 50QL, double(x2) at 70QL, quadruple(x4) at 90ql, and Octuple(x8) with 100ql)
  6. Damage on fountain would degrade quality of water added
  7. Quality of fountain would determine "evaporation level" how much water is lost per tick. (or amount of damage water takes over time)

Just bless the well or fountain, all priests can do it.  Refill like normal wells and fountains.

or +1 to a transmutation liquid to change the tile to a water tile you would find with a pendulum.

Why does it have to be a magical skill? why not be tied to digging, like it would normally work if you wanted to move a water source from one place to another, you dig an irrigation canal.

So it could be a specific dig action, with timer and difficulty depending on how far from the closest water source you are. The degree of success or failure could determine the quality of water tile, as in, does it fill up wells fast or slow, or at all.

+1 transmutation liquid

+1 Echanting option to make a watertile

- 1 reworking how a well/fountain works

+1 for transmutation, has to work on all sort of surface thou, and keep in mind that the watertile will also be in same spot in your mine.

-1 for WU import in this case.

-1 poor unenchanted pendulum's won't be useful at all and no more dowsing.  Also seems like solving a problem that is already solved. 

Also, how are you going to move a well while it's underground?!!  I know wogic, but still...

Edited by Belgrim
another thought
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, Belgrim said:

-1 poor unenchanted pendulum's won't be useful at all and no more dowsing.  Also seems like solving a problem that is already solved. 

Also, how are you going to move a well while it's underground?!!  I know wogic, but still...

Plumbing, old enough to fit wurm, does the job that is being asked, not wogic.

On 8/1/2017 at 5:13 PM, JakeRivers said:

add it to all priests so no one can cry imbalance ;)

-1, buy a more diverse range of priest. 

only fo should cast this if it is to be made easier.

Edited by Mclavin