Sign in to follow this  
Retrograde

Fanart Competition - Tapestries!

22 hours ago, JakeRivers said:

Nope, I suppose the fences, tower and building are gone now, the marble paths should still be up there though, took me a few nights to do the road, put towers all along top of sneaky peaky.

i'll visit it one day, looks sweet

20 hours ago, Bloodscythe said:

Behind the trees if you look hard, is a dirt wall, which is Dadds Playground, The Hota Deed =p

On 8/1/2017 at 10:40 PM, Alyeska said:

This is just way too cool of a shot. warrior against dragon..the ultimate wurm tug o war, a real wurm life version of the hota statue..how could this not be a tapestry!!  I'd want this on my wall!!!

• Like 5

My entry - portraying some of the things I love most about Wurm - Stunning views, the almost-touchable cool evening air and a crackling fire to enjoy it all by!

ktSBwEd.png

Edited by Goldfinch
  • Like 4

I really liked one of the images by Trevize, to bad he submitted so many.

Have a look:

8UGFCr3.jpg

• Like 3

The Volcano:

volcano.jpg

Sailing by the underwater volcano with the withe light in the background.

• Like 5

35 minutes ago, Wiluss said:

A forest of knars ? :)

Gh1TtMZ.jpg

FMCDiG0.jpg

The Chronicles of Knarr-nia

• Like 8

WOW so many great images here , definitely need to have more than one winner.

Well, here is my attempt. How about classic image of "Hog Roast", this tapestry can make nice addition to decor of any Inn, Tavern, kitchen or dining room :) Inspired by famous cooking update.

zmbos0.jpg

And here just screen without texture.

Spoiler

cfRukA4.jpg

I have few suggestions for future competitions.

Can we submit more than just 1 image? Lets say max 3 per player would be fair. There are so many ideas and nice screenshots but such limitation :(.

Also it would be cool if such contest could have each time new category for tapestry . Example : Holidays, 4 seasons landscapes, Avatars, Uniques , Pets, Still life etc

And last suggestion it would be helpful to know file format, size , resolution etc as some images just will not fit into tapestry frame, it will save time and make contest more organized.

Good Luck everyone !

• Like 11

1 hour ago, Rhea said:

WOW so many great images here , definitely need to have more than one winner.

Well, here is my attempt. How about classic image of "Hog Roast", this tapestry can make nice addition to decor of any Inn, Tavern, kitchen or dining room :) Inspired by famous cooking update.

zmbos0.jpg

And here just screen without texture.

Reveal hidden contents

cfRukA4.jpg

I have few suggestions for future competitions.

Can we submit more than just 1 image? Lets say max 3 per player would be fair. There are so many ideas and nice screenshots but such limitation :(.

Also it would be cool if such contest could have each time new category for tapestry . Example : Holidays, 4 seasons landscapes, Avatars, Uniques , Pets, Still life etc

And last suggestion it would be helpful to know file format, size , resolution etc as some images just will not fit into tapestry frame, it will save time and make contest more organized.

Good Luck everyone !

Roasted pig be great for a shop sign. 8)

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, JakeRivers said:

Love the chaotic factor in your buildings 8)

Got bored one day, but took me a week to get it just right :D

Just now, Ondar said:

Got bored one day, but took me a week to get it just right :D

That on the coast of indy? 

Will want to visit some time.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, JakeRivers said:

That on the coast of indy? 

Will want to visit some time.

central south coast, T19 ingame map :) 

Now I wish I had had a good pic of my donut temple, but instead I will submit a picture of the northern part of my bridgesystem that will connect Glasshollow with Linton.

The suthern part still needs 3 dirtpillar to be compleated.

345h7bc.jpg

• Like 1

Here is my entry: Midnight Skies

sthAWqE.png

Edited by Legios
  • Like 2

Wow, so many amazing artworks! truly beautiful screenshots and paintings. Good luck to you all!

Now to my entry: I thing implementing something with the rifts would be nice since this was a huge change to the game.

CMaeQMM.jpg

I can't draw but a lot of medieval tapestries featured dragons with more than one head depicting powerful entities...so this got me thinking:  How about something depicting the eternal struggle of light (Fo, Vynora and Mag) vs dark (Libila)?  I tried putting the light side against light background while adding darker touches behind Lib.  Obviously more artsy people can draw this properly and add some snazzy celtic type scroll frames or something, but paying homage to the oldest deities seem somehow fitting, with a reference to dragons. (The tapestry below does not really show a struggle, which is what I would have liked, but since I can't draw, it will have to just convey the basic idea!)

38b89a51c7b038b7eb1a49d9786e9c66.jpg

Edited by Fairyshine
  • Like 5

A shot I captured in 2013 while exploring "Paradise Valley" on release (home of so many angry trolls):

wurm_20131018_2158_1.jpg