Sign in to follow this  
nicedreams

What's the chances of adding items on tables?

Been playing Wurm for 2 years and asked this long ago.  The discussion of Wurm Online not being true 3D and is more like 2.5D was the answer back then.

What are the chances of being able to put items on a table?  If not in a 3D type of way, then how about cosmetic changes to make the tables look full if we wanted them too.  Made a bunch of tables and they all just, bleh...empty.

Introduce a "Dinner Table" that looks like there's a feast with plates and silverware on it.  Make the table a container that changes picture if plates on put in the the tables inventory like how Armour Stands work.  I've suggested this part before at least.

• Like 2

+1 With the limited graphics thing, I think making it like a container would work. Open up and place a certain item in for it to look full. We already do that for so many other items. 

• Like 1

On 2017-8-1 at 11:04 AM, luvable said:

+1 With the limited graphics thing, I think making it like a container would work. Open up and place a certain item in for it to look full. We already do that for so many other items. 

Aww... I was hoping we can just activate an item and "place" it on a table. Have the object rise however much it takes to make it look like the object is on the table, and then be able to push it as far as the table goes.

Would be awesome; though, unsure the reward would justify the potential work unless already in the works?

Edit similar to sitting code?

Edited by Klaa

On 8/1/2017 at 9:48 AM, nicedreams said:

Been playing Wurm for 2 years and asked this long ago.  The discussion of Wurm Online not being true 3D and is more like 2.5D was the answer back then.

What are the chances of being able to put items on a table?  If not in a 3D type of way, then how about cosmetic changes to make the tables look full if we wanted them too.  Made a bunch of tables and they all just, bleh...empty.

Introduce a "Dinner Table" that looks like there's a feast with plates and silverware on it.  Make the table a container that changes picture if plates on put in the the tables inventory like how Armour Stands work.  I've suggested this part before at least.

Campfires change graphic not only just when any item is put into them (armour stands do not recognize what sort of armour you put into them), but it has a few different graphics depending on -what- you put in them, also (top of the head, meat, fish, bowl, pan, lamb/pig/rat roast)

Something like this should be fairly easy to do with tables, just have a few standard items that change the appearance. Flowerpot / plate / skull cup / bird cage

14 minutes ago, bdew said:

Just going to leave this here :P

devs pls

1 hour ago, bdew said:

Just going to leave this here :P

I never looked this long at a simple image as this. I'm jealous - somehow.