Sign in to follow this  
Calisthra

Possible ripe crop bug

Since this latest patch I've noticed crops racing to ripe stage 2 almost immediately when 'almost ripe' stage is completed. This is especially noticeable at a distance with cotton and grain crops. I have not paid enough attention to other crops for this same effect but I suspect it is happening with most if not all crops. Some have gone to weeds less than 24 r/l hours after tending a tile at almost ripe stage. My farm is small at fewer than 100 tiles so is by no means a good test bed for this. If anyone with a larger farm can devote some tiles to primarily grains or cotton can verify whether or not this is happening there it would be nice :)

edit: "almost immediately" here is used to define a time of less than 1 hour. We can normally expect a crop that has ripened to stay in stage 1 of ripe for 12-24 r/l hours before stage 2 can happen. At that point we can also expect the second ripe stage to remain for another day or so (real time). So what I've seen now is tending a tile at "almost ripe" one day to  the second ripe stage at about the same time the next day, in a few cases that tile was weeds and had passed through both ripe stages in under 24 hours.

Edited by Calisthra

Im on celebration , havent noticed any of this.

about 150 fields of reed tending them once a day, no weeds after almost ripe.

about maybe 50-100 fields potato same there, no oddities noticed.

7 fields pumpkin, same there, looks normal.

The reed fields have hell horses , combined with enchanted grass becasue they dont graze on the deeper reed tiles, only on the edges to higher land.

Which server are you on ?