Sign in to follow this  
nicedreams

What's the chances of adding running water to game?

What's the chances of adding running water to game?

Is it something the game can't handle and won't ever be seen?  I just see it as water tiles connecting and reacting to each other.  I don't have a clue at programming though.    Bridges react well to each other.

Rivers up and down tiles instead of all water being sea level would be such a perfect addition to Wurm Online.  Really want to see some Waterfalls.  It's the only nature thing missing.

Edited by nicedreams

Seems most things end up on Unlimited is they are possible to be put in the game, not always but more often than not.

I had a suggestion for that a while back, which I think could still work.

I put forward something too; it was a little more artificial (though much easier to code).

Water could be added to wurm, however it would take a fair bit of coding to make it happen

ALOT depends on how its implemented, and just how much would require rewriting the game engine.

Sadly a very visually indepth and immersive implementation might be far more work than its perceived worth. Bridges and Multistory in contrast have paid off quite well imho.

What is needed is for someone to mod it in WU and make it work, then it will be known just how hard it would be to add to game and what kinds of problems it might cause.

One problem is lakes, as they could make whole villages underwater.

11 minutes ago, Tich said:

Hence why my suggestion has it as a special resource tile, effectively a cosmetic tile you can drink or fish from. The water can't extend beyond the tiles, so no flooding.

45 minutes ago, Tich said:

As long as the bottom remains walkable...

There could be a possible way of doing if, if there was a special wall and liner used to designate where it would "fill" with water.