Sign in to follow this  
Shyruban

[Not a bug] Dredge leveling bug

Last night I had a lot of dredging to do and I figured I'd try the leveling function of the dredge and I found that at times leveling worked at other times it didn't,

without anything happening or any errors in the event tab. So I went on to do some tests and have found out that if the tile you're trying to level down to the same

depth as the flat tile you're swimming above and that tile had been dug down with a shovel to max depth under water ( 8 dirts) , that this tile could not be leveled.

To verify that, I went on top of the tile and dredged 1 dirt from each corner, making the corners 9 dirts below water level, I could after go back above my flat tile

and dredge level that tile. I've added a small doodle to show what I mean.  I did different tests at different depth in case the problem was with the depth of the flat tile.

All this is repeatable. I'm guessing that the code for the dredge was done by modifying the code for regular digging and the part of it where you can't dig lower than 8 dirts was not removed.

Z7aWXV3.jpg

bump 
cannot dredge>level while swimming or when in boat as passenger or commander. 

I'll add this post instead of editing my previous reply to the thread.

*When you dredge 4 beneath dig depth, you are able to level whilst swimming but doing it from ship still delivers the following error;
You need to be on solid ground to do that.
and so, bound by storage limit, which is 2.. even when the dredge is supreme.
Im not sure of the intention but i suspect the solid ground error is a bug.

Edited by Steveleeb

I hope it is a bug so devsplease take a look at it eventually :D 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Steveleeb said:

I'll add this post instead of editing my previous reply to the thread.

*When you dredge 4 beneath dig depth, you are able to level whilst swimming but doing it from ship still delivers the following error;
You need to be on solid ground to do that.
and so, bound by storage limit, which is 2.. even when the dredge is supreme.
Im not sure of the intention but i suspect the solid ground error is a bug.

This part isnt a bug, you cannot level while in a boat.

the dirt limit of 2 is the downside to using the level function

• Like 1

I think the part which might be a bug is the "When you dredge 4 beneath dig depth" - you cannot level when you don't dredge down to this depth manually. This is quite hard to find out why someone cannot use the level while swimming and at the depth where cannot dig deeper with a shovel already (and need to dredge a few slope further before can use the level function of dredging).

The dredge capacity of 2 dirts should be okay and not too bad, just need a keybind to drop-as-pile the dirt from it.

Edited by Jaz

I've spoken with the dev team and this is confirmed to not be a bug.

In order to level with a dredge tiles must be 9 dirts  below water level or deeper 

Can we get a warning in the event log in this case? It is really hard for an inexperienced player to figure out why the leveling is not working...

error response needed for levelling while swimming if corner is too high. 
agreed.

Thank you for addressing this thread retro.
I've discovered that dredge to rock from ship, then `flatten` from water is alot easier than emptying 1 dirt every 4 seconds.

Edited by Steveleeb