Sign in to follow this  
Finndar

May we have an ETA on ....

May we please have an E.T.A. for fixes of important bugs:

1) In-game wiki is down.  It's quite useful.  Like, seriously useful.  May we know when this is hoped to be fixed?

2) Fountains and wells still don't work ~7-10 days later.  May we please know when this is also hoped to be fixed?

• Like 4

Next patch, currently planned for Monday.

The wiki can still be accessed via browser, so it's not completely lost

• Like 5

-Can't give one yet, the Valrei system will come out first which should give us a better overview of what we need to adjust and balance, we've got the framework of goals up but need to get the valrei stuff out first. Once that's out we'll begin sharing some more priest specific stuff

• Like 2

What about the long proposed mediation changes? Last i heard, like 6 months ago, the devs were working on a temp UI to push it through. Then endless silence....

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Klaa said:

When Its Ready TM

SoonTM

I'm actually mostly cool with the pace of things.  The devs have put out a lot of great content consistently for a while now.  Bug tackling is a different beast altogether, but I have faith in their abilities!

• Like 4

Just now, Slickshot said:

SoonTM

I'm actually mostly cool with the pace of things.  The devs have put out a lot of great content consistently for a while now.  Bug tackling is a different beast altogether, but I have faith in their abilities!

Next PatchTM

• Like 1

I would like to see improvements to the meditation paths. They seem like so much wasted potential. There is so much good that can be done with it, from new abilities to maybe even more flavor. The current system gives a feeling as if someone had a great idea when it was created, then went to design something else halfway through implementing it. If something needs some serious rework, its meditation. Not Valrei, given 95%+ of Wurm's population can't even experience it.

Edited by Angelklaine
  • Like 1

The system certainly needs an overhaul.

The meditation system is pretty dated by now, and was designed before many prominent features existed, others modified or outright removed. Just one example was skill decay on any unused skill over 70 to help cut down on jack-of-all-trades, help lower levels compete, and some RL immersion with forgetting unused skills. Unfortunately this ended up having drastic impacts on accounts likely to go inactive for long periods, such as someone working on an oil rig for six months, military deployment, and etc.

It could use another fresh look, and some new stuff might come to mind as well.

Edited by Klaa

I think it's pretty clear that there's a lot of irons in the fire, the may roadmap included meditation and that hasn't changed, it's still on the list and will be worked on further once the valrei system is out.  

@Retrograde

In June you said the new mapdumps are on the way, maybe within the new highway update.

Is that still on schedule?

I also remember something about map dumps becoming a lot more frequent. Now it's 8 months since latest, is there plans to make it even more frequent? :)

They're still planned to come out with the highway changes, which shouldnt be too long now, so make sure to test it lots!

And yes, I'd like to see them biannually or quarterly if possible, just depends on how we go about storing them, if google drive still works well for it we may use that, but if we host it ourselves we'd want to limit how much traffic they generate

I think if you were to just host all of the map files per server, per dump, in a .zip that would include all 3 types of maps, then it would get significantly less traffic than if you hosted them in a viewable format online. I'm assuming Google Drive should work for this, but otherwise I doubt it'd be too much bandwidth to host on one of your own servers.

Most servers have their own community maps externally hosted, too. So you'd get quite a bit less traffic than they would, for example. :)

Any plans for sleeping on ships.. maybe even wagons?

Now that horses can be carried on ships, it's really the only missing step for the subscribed deedless wanderers to peddle their trades around the world.

• Like 2