Sign in to follow this  
Nicrolis

Sand from Rock Shards

On 9/27/2017 at 5:25 AM, Kadore said:

Simply clicking a pickaxe to a rockshard to get 75% of the weight in one click, seems a pretty easy to get sand, I get your wanting to use the realism approach to make building on a mountian top easier without having to drag dirt up to the top.

The shear amount of effort to make sand from boulders isn't so simple needing something a hell of a lot stronger than what is being crushed to make it happen, crushers, constant repair of cutting teeth etc., but this is Wurm " and if the going gets tough, lobby for something to make it easier " .

what are you talking about? normally you get sand by digging, a single action. this suggest using 3 actions to make less sand then a normal 1 dig. so its more work,

this just gives people the choice of doing 6 actions for 20KG of sand instead of 1 action in exchange for less travel.

i am sure if i needed lets say 2k sand taking a wagon and digging it is still faster this just offers a choice.

so +1 from me

42 minutes ago, elroth said:

this just gives people the choice of doing 6 actions for 20KG of sand instead of 1 action in exchange for less travel.

So make it so we can make 20kg of sand, drop it on the ground and just dig it over and over again? Most, if not all people, live near dirt. It just takes 1 trip to get 1 sand and drop it to make a pit near home. During that trip you can easily stockpile on 100s, or even 1000s, of sand and just have a pit nearby for when you need more. Its really not difficult to get sand at all...

In ths way you could get high quality sand using other skills instead of the proper one: digging.

Edited by Luttuosa

1 hour ago, Luttuosa said:

In ths way you could get high quality sand using other skills instead of the proper one: digging.

so limit the QL of the sand created to lets say 50 ?

58 minutes ago, elroth said:

so limit the QL of the sand created to lets say 50 ?

I don't think quality is a concern for what the OP is wanting.

3 hours ago, Luttuosa said:

If you grind into sand that would be milling, how many people really have grinded milling (e: and mining) real high?  But even then 90 digging is one of the easiest 90 titles to get so not sure what is super bad here

Edited by MrGARY

Would be amazing. I have soo much rock laying around, always need sand. :D 

• Like 1