header.png

Winterscape - Jonydowy

Hi Everyone!
Another week down as we work on our many projects coming to fruition, I know I'm excited for the cages and something that hasn't been announced yet, but that'll have to wait until it's closer to the release date so stay tuned for more news on that. This week we'll touch on a few upcoming events and competitions! 

Blossom and Whitefay redesigns

The proposal entries for Blossom and Whitefay redesigns are up, so if you're interested in submitting a proposal, get a team together and get cracking!

The proposal threads can be found here:

Wurm fanart ingame!

Starting next Tuesday, the 1st of the month, we'll be launching a competition for you all to submit entries for a new tapestry design. The rules will be pretty straight forward, with original works or ingame screenshots required (no copyright material!) and one entry per person. A decent resolution must be used too, but we'll make sure it fits properly.

The winner will receive a supreme version of their tapestry when it goes into the game!

Weekend highway testing
We'll be looking at setting up some scenarios for testing the new highway system this weekend, providing materials to build and form your own highways, as well as use the routing system. We'll also be looking at some events on the test server utilizing the new system and the ability to win some prizes in the live server!

Midsummers event, last weekend!

Spoiler

mask.jpg

Courtesy of Alyeska

Don't miss out! This event finishes up at the end of the month, so this is your last chance to get in there and get the awesome Mask of Rebirth as your prize! I've heard there are a few maps floating around, so if you've been waiting for a guide to go through, now is your time!

Community Content

This weeks community content keeps in line with the highways coming, and showcases an amazing highway built by Shyruban, along with help from many others.

I personally love the moss as the border, it keeps the sides clear but also green! 

The full details of the highway as well as a few screenshots can be found here, it looks awesome!

That's it from me this week, I hope to see many of you on the test server getting ready for the highway system coming, but until then, keep on Wurming! 
Retrograde & the Wurm team

• Like 16

21 minutes ago, Joelle said:

First

Had to see if I loaded wow forums by mistake.

Looking forwards to the highway testing

• Like 1

Like the pic... where was it taken?

Edited by Klaa

2 minutes ago, Klaa said:

Like the pic... where was it taken?

It is a great pic.  I think that is above Jony's bunkerhill deed - pretty sure on cele anyway 

Looking forward to cages and new skill to be announced.

And anyone who has not yet travelled along Slowmo's highway in the south of xana and is still to do so, will be in for pleasant surprises. :)

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, JakeRivers said:

Had to see if I loaded wow forums by mistake.

Looking forwards to the highway testing

I had to check if i loaded the  Black Desert forums.

The picture was taken on Celebration P13

Thank you Retro.

That's a great shot, Jony.

Maybe I ought to send Kristof to these testings and redesigns. Then I won't have a headache for a while. lol.

What's the word on that new skill? We need clues!!!

• Like 1

Dare I go back and risk driving myself insane in those hedges? Somebody send me a map! Please? New tapestry is pretty exciting, too. Time to rustle up that pic of the three headed pig. 

8 minutes ago, NeeNee said:

Somebody send me a map! Please? 

done

• Like 1

14th.. will be a testing looks like I like prizes and testing and prizes and highways and prizes and group events and prizes.. etc.. you get the idea.. and PS anybody can call on me to jhoin them in the maze I don't mind helping someone through.. sometimes it takes team work.. and I can send an alt through.. 

something that hasn't been announced yet

Oh boy, flipping coins will be a reality?

why no patch notes? we need wells and fountains to maintain a water supply. Not a lot in the announcement this week.

Wells and fountains have been dry for a week and no fix?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SmackedDown said:

why no patch notes? we need wells and fountains to maintain a water supply. Not a lot in the announcement this week.

Wells and fountains have been dry for a week and no fix?

Whew... Good thing I filled up my Huge Oil barrels with water before the draught! I was prepared!

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Angelklaine said:

Whew... Good thing I filled up my Huge Oil barrels with water before the draught! I was prepared!

Er, Draught is a noun used to describe a current of unpleasantly cold air blowing through a room. Drought is also a noun which is used to describe a long period when there is little or no rain. 

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Retrograde said:

Weekend highway testing
We'll be looking at setting up some scenarios for testing the new highway system this weekend, providing materials to build and form your own highways, as well as use the routing system. We'll also be looking at some events on the test server utilizing the new system and the ability to win some prizes in the live server!

Any news on the timing of these events?

4 hours ago, cccdfern said:

Er, Draught is a noun used to describe a current of unpleasantly cold air blowing through a room. Drought is also a noun which is used to describe a long period when there is little or no rain. 

somebody's done the ABC's with the "hooked on phonics" training course.........

On 7/29/2017 at 6:03 AM, cccdfern said:

Its also a typo. Thanks for pointing it out.

Putting a p or i in place of a o is a typo, not the a which is on the other side of the keyboard, that is just bad spelling!

7 hours ago, JakeRivers said:

Putting a p or i in place of a o is a typo, not the a which is on the other side of the keyboard, that is just bad spelling!

Or a Freudian slip given "draught" is also used to denote beer on tap. :ph34r: