Sign in to follow this  
Lathe

The Yokes on You

Please for the love of Vynora make it so when you put a log and a saw in the crafting window it defaults to make a plank. Not a yoke. <_< I have more accidental yokes then anyone could ever want.

Thanks very much for your time and consideration. :D

• Like 30

save Esc keys across keyboards worldwide from frantic bashing!

+1

or even make it default to "kindling" which uses not that much of the log and at least can be stored afterwards in a BSB and (eventually) get used. Even if you make a half hours worth before noticing.

But, planks are a lot more sensible. You can have too many Yokes but never too many Planks.

• Like 3

yes please!!! Yokes are bad joke.

• Like 2

Or simply make it default to nothing forcing you to select an item before you can craft. Accidentally crafted items are silly. I can't imagine a real carpenter taking a log to make wood boards with it and accidentally ending up with a post for a fence, for example:

"Gah! I meant to make wood boards! Mary, bring me another log!" <_<

+1

• Like 7

What? you're telling me I can't aimlessly click stuff and make what I want?

I would prefer to buy from a carpenter who does pay attention.  Their material costs are lower, thus their products are cheaper, and usually better quality if attention was paid. :)

1 hour ago, Angelklaine said:

Or simply make it default to nothing forcing you to select an item before you can craft. Accidentally crafted items are silly. I can't imagine a real carpenter taking a log to make wood boards with it and accidentally ending up with a post for a fence, for example:

+1

there is no reason for defaults, not everyone is going to want the same default so if we can not set our own I would just prefer that there be no default, as some things already are

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Angelklaine said:

+1

This!!!

@Brew, though, respectfully, I do understand your perspective, however, from a GUI standpoint and user perspective for a game/interface, defaulting to the most common and useable crafting item makes more sense than something sorted by default, based on?

Aye, the Yoke has been on me a number of times over the years so I can realize that Lathe has brought up a very good suggestion here. Not game breaking of course but just one of the minor irritations of Wurm. I would agree also that not having any default item would be the best solution. I know when making pottery items the default item box is blank so this does seem possible. Maybe the Dev's like to Yoke around with us though and use it to *pull our leg?

=Ayes=

• Like 2

no defaults:  right click -> save as default -> saves to playerdata.txt

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Like 1

Made 4 yokes the other day, so was forced to make 2 wagons :)

But yoke is so fun to say...

Yoke yoke yoke yoke yoke.

• Like 2

I would prefer the the default to be null, but literally anything would be better than yoke.

When you have predictive text turned on but instead of guessing the most common word, it chooses one that you've never heard of. 

As for WO, originally i thought that the `default` is simply the first one on the list in the code, which is a mine door if shard+chisel, a yoke if log+saw.. etc.
for that reason i accepted the flaw and moved on. still, it never ceases to bug me as well. 
However in recent times, our developers have resolved many issues by applying a great deal of creative thought and a little unpaid help. 
so, if we're voting and it's possible..
+1 

Edited by Steveleeb

Oops, already +1'd this. :P Free bump!

Edited by Roccandil
  • Like 1