Sign in to follow this  
Planck

Server not appearing in Internet list, only LAN

I'm running a test Creative server on my machine, and it appears in the LAN tab and is playable. However, it does not list in the Internet tab so I doubt any other players would be able to connect. From other threads in this forum I gather that it should appear in both tabs when correctly configured.

I've followed the Server Administration guide, opening and forwarding ports TCP 3724, TCP+UDP 8766, and UDP 27016. I've checked that 3724 and 27016 match the server's "External IP Port" and "Steam Query Port" respectively in the Local Server tab of the Manage Local Server console. I've also been able to use netcat on a remote shell to verify that all the ports are forwarding through to my machine correctly, so there is no firewall or ISP blocking. However, it still doesn't appear in the list from the Wurm Unlimited client.

Does anyone have any other ideas?

It might be the case that your ISP is blocking a port.

Have you got some one over the internet to try and direct connect to the server?

Could always mobile hotspot your phone and use a second PC with wifi to connect to the phone, giving that PC an seperate IP from your home, and connect.  Just thoughts.

On 28/07/2017 at 4:34 AM, bigsteve said:

It might be the case that your ISP is blocking a port.

Have you got some one over the internet to try and direct connect to the server?

I did test whether the ISP might be blocking a port using the netcat command from a remote shell out on the Internet into my machine. With the server shut down, traffic did come through for all of those ports. (When the server is running, it grabs those ports and this test cannot be performed)

The remote machine I have access to is not capable of running Steam, and I do not yet have anybody with Wurm Unlimited who could try a direct connect.

On 27/07/2017 at 11:57 PM, Jomarni said:

Try watching this:-

Thanks, I watched the video. It described the steps I had already followed unsuccessfully.

I was able to get assistance from a very helpful person in IRC, and found that my server did appear in their Internet tab. Thanks everyone.

• Like 1