Sign in to follow this  
JakeRivers

New Forum Section - Livestock Buy/Sell

So when animal crates are implemented I am sure there will be many possibilities for buying and selling of various breeds of animals, so instead of overloading the regular wtb/wts sections of the forums I think it may be a good idea to add a new section for this new trade commodity.

I am sure there are many ways to sort out the headings even more, horses/livestock/aggressive.

I know there has always been a market for this, but due to being server specific, the market has always been limited, animal transportation is going to change this drastically.

Edited by JakeRivers

Not one to say -1 to improved organization... but seems a tad premature doesn't it?

Just took a look, as admittedly I rarely go to those sections, but there doesn't seem to be any other dedicated buckets.  Do you really think livestock is going to flood these forums more than crops?  Enchanted tools, silver/gold, etc.?  Do they have dedicated buckets I'm missing?

+1 to your enthusiasm for the market though, just don't see an immediate need for a dedicated forum.  At least, not any more than currently popular items.

If you were to suggest a complete overhaul more inclusive of all individual markets, that would be worth looking at.  The forums, generally, may not be the best place for this though.  I've seen other indie games have 3rd party sites grow around it to address this sort of thing.  It's a bit "early 2000's," but then again that was a great time in gaming imho.

I think you're jumping the gun on this one. We don't even know what types of animals are going to be allowed to be loaded/transported across servers yet.

If it becomes a problem, sure. But until then, I don't think it's necessary.

48 minutes ago, Joelle said:

I think you're jumping the gun on this one. We don't even know what types of animals are going to be allowed to be loaded/transported across servers yet.

If it becomes a problem, sure. But until then, I don't think it's necessary.

Obviously its going to be a fair amount of animals/wild animals pretty much anything that can be lead as stated.

If you are not sure which animals can be lead, look it up on the wiki =p

54 minutes ago, Reylaark said:

but seems a tad premature doesn't it?

hardly premature

when it comes I am sure the wts and wtb is going to be flooded

build it and they will come

I expect chaos will likely be the biggest importer of horses.

I don't think it will be needed. While there will likely be a giant explosion of activity at first, once the market reaches saturation it will drop down to an easily manageable level.

Edited by Darmalus
  • Like 3

51 minutes ago, Darmalus said:

I don't think it will be needed. While there will likely be a giant explosion of activity at first, once the market reaches saturation it will drop down to an easily manageable level.

Pretty much this. People will go nuts trying to offlload current stock, but it will die down just like any other new item in the game. 

It's a -1 from me at the moment, mostly because I don't think the moving of animals will really help trade.

For PvP all you'll see is "sponsored" horse factories on a PvE server; the impact on the market will be negligable.

For PvE the horse market is already fairly poor (folks is my alliance literally give away 5-speeds) and this is just going to make it poorer (one horse for all servers now rather than one on each).

That part of the forum needs multiply sub sections but I guessing the market is so slow it will never really be easy to buy certain thing. I never get any replies.

Yes I want tons of animals and horses aren't one of them. I get how you feel but -1. Fix the whole thing.

You are all correct, with so many folks quitting wurm, no one section in the market place will ever be too busy to warrant a separate section for livestock, please close.

=p