Sign in to follow this  
VelvetSun

[Fixed] Rune disappearing from and item while being used

I had a rune on my pickaxe and while I was using it, it disappeared.

I noticed right away because I was mining iron and getting 87.15 ql and then that changed and I was only getting 83 ql, I checked my pickaxe and the rune was gone off of it.

I have been told this is a bug and not supposed to happen.

Type of rune was : A single bronze rune of Magranon has been attached to it, so it will gather resources at a higher quality level (5%) and increase the time an enchant holds its power on the item (5%)

Also my pickaxe has two casts on it woa at 82 and coc at 62 both of which have dropped 2 points, they are now 80 and 60.

Thanks for your report.  I'll add it as an issue and await specific information from an GM/dev investigation.

when runes are added to an item they are added as an enchant with a power of 50 and still treated as any other enchant, meaning they have a chance to decay every 5 seconds of a timer. while you can not actually see the rune power, if it is hit by an enchant decay tick 50 times it is gone.

and note that the likelihood of an enchant decay is based on the cast power, so the more it drops the more likely it becomes to drop further.

so unless it was intended differently, its working fine.

Ooooooooooooh please tell me this is not intended. I don't remember reading that runes will decay.

44 minutes ago, Arium said:

while you can not actually see the rune power

if you mail it the reciever can see it.

I just mailed my grinding shovel to myself, and sure enough its rune displays in the mailbox as 44 power instead of 50.  Silly me, thinking runes didn't decay at all.

If this is intended, there should be a less obtuse way of checking a rune's power.  If not intended, please god fix it before any of my glimmersteel/adamant/seryll runes fall off and make me cry.

aye - would think about runing with moonmetal twice if the runes decay away on the tools.

Unintended and will be fixed for the next update.

• Like 7

was wondering if the power drops from 50 is it still doing what it was supposed to do, which is now moot if it will be fixed 8)