Sign in to follow this  
NeeNee

[Done] Garden gnome page is outdated

"

Plays music when used on the ground, that may be heard by players in the local vicinity who have music enabled.

"

Changed to

"

When first introduced, played music when used on the ground, that would be heard by players in the local vicinity who have music enabled. This is currently not available anymore.

"

Ty for pointing this out! :-D

Edited by Nicrolis

Think adding a link to the youtube recording of the old song would be worthwhile?

Edited by Klaa
  • Like 3

Wow. That's...yeah, I can see why they would disable that. I think a link to that in the wurmpedia would be great. It's history after all!

• Like 1

Yeah, that is very cool, but would get old really fast. :)

• Like 2

Hey now don't bash Gurubear's work. Granted the song did get a bit old in repetition...

I like his MR and BL themes, and that wandering soldier one.

Makes me so happy to see that old video of mine still around. Feel free to use it on the wiki. :)

Funny story. When gnomes first came out, one of my in-game neighbors had just gotten home from work, logged in, and then went AFK for a bit to make dinner. Apparently he left the volume on his speakers up high, plus the song itself was INSANELY loud compared to everything else in-game. He was cooking when all of a sudden he heard explosions and this song blasting from the other room. Flipped him and his dogs out and he came running back in a panic to see what was going on, and ended up burning his dinner. 

I miss that song. :)

Edited by Moxie
  • Like 1

On 7/28/2017 at 7:09 AM, Klaa said:

Hey now don't bash Gurubear's work. Granted the song did get a bit old in repetition...

No, no, I'm not bashing it at all.  In fact, far from it.  I think it's a really nice song.  But I could imagine you'd have that one guy in your village that every 5 minutes would play it over and over again.  I think I would want to reach out and strangle him. :)

• Like 1

^^Exactly. And as Moxie pointed out, it's loud!

Edited by NeeNee