Sign in to follow this  
RavenLure

Deed Token

Mods feel free to move to the proper location if this is not the correct forum.

I asked this in CA chat but... it was a couple weeks ago but..would like to move my token.. But this seems to be a very difficult process.. I would have to re do my whole deed? what about the coins I have already paid. etc.. 

Can a GM tell me the proper procedure etc...? Or where to find this information in the wiki if the information is there.

there is no "proper procedure" really. there's just a best method.

that is, to resize the deed to the minimum deed size of 11x11 (or 5-5-5-5) and then disbanding it. the time a deed needs to disband is based off of its size and, i believe, the number of its citizens. you can read a bit more, yet not too much since there's not much to it, about disbanding a deed here.

as you've already said, there is no other way to move a settlement token and you will have to redo it.

about the coins you already paid, as the wiki article i linked earlier says, you will only get the money back that is in the coffers at the time of the disband. you will not get money back when you downsize the deed or for the tiles you purchased. the initial purchase cost is forever gone.

you will, when re-making the deed, have to pay for all tiles again.

5 minutes ago, Sila said:

who cares where token is :D

the reason why is because I would like to build houses for noobs and the token is behind my house.. and my house is fenced in...I would like to move it to just out side my front gate.. so if they need to respawn they will not do so in my back yard and also the gates are locked soooooo.. they cannot get out.

44 minutes ago, RavenLure said:

the reason why is because I would like to build houses for noobs and the token is behind my house.. and my house is fenced in...I would like to move it to just out side my front gate.. so if they need to respawn they will not do so in my back yard and also the gates are locked soooooo.. they cannot get out.

Tell them to not spawn at the token, they can spawn in a random place in the village or in the perimeter.

I have a hotel right now and one of the guests  re spawned at my token.. he said.. because of him being new did not see the other option and it is hard to find they are not beside each other.. and being new especially makes it even worse LOL...anyway thank you for your suggestion

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Yaga said:

Thank you for the repost of that thread!

You need to be aware that if you do decide to move your token, I believe you then also need to be the owner of all the buildings in the area in order to redeed.  I also seem to recall that all hostile animals have to be gone as well, so no exotic zoos.  As you indicated you were going to do, rethinking your deed layout to avoid having to redeed may be your best option.  And while we are talking about deed traps, the other one that I know of that you have to watch out for is the unlocked Inn but no building rights for travelers.  You can go to sleep just fine but when waking up, you are transported outside the building, potentially into an attached locked fenced in area. 

Yes, I am aware of all that it would be like deeding all over again.. .also I am waiting for  a shed now to decay so I can deed over it.... maybe. I am re thinking alot of stuff.

3 hours ago, GoldFever said:

the other one that I know of that you have to watch out for is the unlocked Inn but no building rights for travelers.  You can go to sleep just fine but when waking up, you are transported outside the building, potentially into an attached locked fenced in area. 

If you have the permission to enter the house you will wake up inside - without it you are booted outside.

Well good thing all my visitors to my hotel have woken up inside the hotel LOL or I would wake up daily to people wandering around my house LOL

Well unless this happens I am going to hold off on my plans...:unsure:

12 minutes ago, Pashka said:

You might be holding a very long while.

That is fine...not like I do not have a million other projects LOL What will be will be...-_-