Sign in to follow this  
Darmalus

Unique Reward Points

Unique Reward Points (URP) are a currency that is automatically spent when you are present for a unique kill. URP are accumulated without limit and spent only at Unique kills.

The intention is to encourage public kills and discourage vast numbers of “blood sponge” alts, which lag out the server.

Spending URP

When a Unique is killed, the game checks everyone’s  URP. Anyone with 0 or negative URP get nothing.

Anyone with 1 or more URP receive rewards, both guaranteed rewards (blood, hide/scale) and random rewards (tomes, bones, skulls, etc.) which can be traded/sold afterward normally. Each reward has a URP price, which is deducted when all rewards are distributed. This can plunge a player’s URP into the negative.

Under this design, every qualifying player would receive the same amount of hide/scale (no matter how much it added up to), instead of having a certain amount divided among participants.

Zero or Negative URP

There is no penalty for having a zero or negative URP score other than not receiving rewards at a Unique kill. The moment accumulated URP reaches 1 or greater, full rewards from a kill are granted.

Ways to get URP

Premium Time, bought with silver or money or referal, should reward URP.

Mission Participation, scaling with level of participation and difficulty of the mission.

Beat Enki in a dance off, or a rap battle with Retrograde.

Purchased directly from the WO store (whenever it comes).

Trade karma for URP.

I’m sure there are plenty of other ideas.

Example (with random prices).

Bob has 11 URP. At a dragon kill, because he has a URP of 1 or greater, he receives the guaranteed blood (0 URP), guaranteed scale (15 URP) and Bob is lucky and wins a rare bone (25 URP) which all appear in his inventory when the dragon drops dead. The game then deducts 40 URP, leaving Bob with -29 URP. He can show up at unique kills, but until he earns 30 URP to bring his URP total to 1, he won’t get any rewards other than the appreciation of his fellow warriors for his sword arm.

Edited by Darmalus
  • Like 3

It's an interesting idea, but I wish there was a way for the URP to actually be based on involvement in the unique hunting, which is of course very hard to gauge. Perhaps by distance traveled, reveal spells casted, or something along these lines?

Also, I like the blood system a lot, and I' m not sure that you should not get any if you do not have URP - since by this system, scale/drake drop will lower your URP, causing that a single slaying can drop your urp so much it may take ahwile befor eyou can get blood again.

Overall, I like it though!

Perhaps a *Tag* function for the first few people to find the Unique, so when it is killed those people receive a few extra URP. While it isn't perfect, those who found it first could have all of their friends tag it first, rather than others actively hunting, I think it could work.

I like it too. 

Edit: Typed UKP... played too much WoW, DKP stuck in my head. 

Edited by GorgonKain
  • Like 2

I don't see this system working, there to many loopholes or ways to go around it that will make me able to get most of the loot. Current system is fine.

I don't like the pay to win options, but I like the uniqueness of the idea. I participate in the existing system and enjoy it when I am available for a hunt/kill, but I think we need a major overhaul in some way.

I like the notion, but it would shaft priests pretty hard (we can't manage 50%+ of missions) and something would need to be done on PvE servers about "shacking" source fountains for the karma->points option to be fair.

The pay to win options are pretty terrible in general!

This is a good idea, however it needs some solid and serious tweaking before it becomes viable.

An interesting notion might be sacrificing rares for urp or getting some as a rift reward.

Some option to toggle spending might also be a good idea (so I may want to save my urp till I get a bone or tome and would rather not spend it on scale/hide, or I may only want to spend it on certain scale/hide)

A 1-month premium Bob with 1 URP gets a tome and runs off with a fortune never to be bothered with uniques again. If the rewards that are granted to everyone currently will begin to ask for some additional work or worse, money, there will be much less interest in public slayings from the public, which imo means less public slayings. And then the random factor taking the sweets from the hunting team.

Overall, seems pretty pointless to me, to be honest.

• Like 1

On 7/26/2017 at 11:56 AM, zigozag said:

A 1-month premium Bob with 1 URP gets a tome and runs off with a fortune never to be bothered with uniques again. If the rewards that are granted to everyone currently will begin to ask for some additional work or worse, money, there will be much less interest in public slayings from the public, which imo means less public slayings. And then the random factor taking the sweets from the hunting team.

Overall, seems pretty pointless to me, to be honest.

Main question is, does this tome drop like usual where there is a single tome with 3 charges available, or may multiple tomes drop, if enough people with plenty of URP come to a slaying, therefore not denying anyone loot by having more and more people? Same question about hide/scale, and bones, and skulls, and basically all these things.

Eh don't really see the point of having such a system. Offhand seems like an overly complex solution to an issue. An issue I'm not even sure is an issue to begin with.

Premium Time, bought with silver or money or referal, should reward URP.

Pay to Win

Mission Participation, scaling with level of participation and difficulty of the mission.

What do missions have to do with unique hunting? People don't want to search , but they do want loot!

Nobody would be able to complete this mission :(

Purchased directly from the WO store (whenever it comes).

Pay to win

Trade karma for URP.

What do missions have to do with unique hunting? People don't want to search , but they do want loot!

I’m sure there are plenty of other ideas.

Search search search! Don't sit on your lazy ass when you see a unique spawn, get out there, find some friends on your servers and go look for it instead of expecting loot without spending hours searching.

2 hours ago, whykillme said:

Nobody would be able to complete this mission :(

wanna bet?