Sign in to follow this  
Xallo

Dual Monitor Issues

I'm having trouble getting my second monitor to work with Wurm properly. It seems when I try to play Wurm on the second monitor, I get extremely hyper-sensitive mouse freelook, meaning I can't turn without my player spinning 6 times in one small fragment of a mouse drag.

My primary display is 4k, and the second is 1080p. The 4k is running on Display Port, and the 1080p is running on HDMI. I have a 1080GTX.

Also, Aly is having troubles as well. Her primary monitor is 1080p (HDMI), with a second monitor at 1080p (HDMI) as well. When she tries to plug in a third (HDTV) running at 1080p (DVI from PC to HDMI converter), she gets the same issue that I have above on it, with freelook hyper-sensitive. She has a 1080GTX as well.

We've tried all sorts of things, including smaller game resolutions, windowed, windowed fullscreen, fullscreen, etc etc, and we haven't come up with a fix yet. I also tried setting my sensitivity to .5, but that doesn't seem to work. When I try to look around, I can only make about a 15 degree turn before it just stops working.

I'm assuming a part of the problem lies with the resolution differences, but I'm thinking the difference in port types may be a problem too.

Anyway, a little help, please? Thanks! :D

(There are some old threads on the subject, but they don't have fixes either):

Edited by Xallo
  • Like 1

It's not quite a fix, Xallo, but Solmark resolved his issue by moving from windows to linux :/   He gave up after not getting any real help on the issue.  Hoping you garner more support.

Edited by Nomadikhan

i used the have this prob i removed drivers for drivers for mouse and just put drivers in no app to control other then windows. some reason windows still wants to be the main driver control in java and the app that control the mouse fights for control

If its any help, I returned to having Windows after being successful with Linux Mint, but now I have 3 screens with the same resolution and it hasn't re-occurred. I too had a 4k screen, but now have three 3 x AOC E2470SWDAK 23.6" LED 1080p Monitors and it works fine. 

For the record my screen where I had the problem was a Samsung S27B970 27 inch Widescreen LED PLS  (2560x 1440)

It appears if you set jp2launcher.exe to disable display scaling, the sensitivity issue is fixed. Keep in mind, I have no idea what else happens if you do this, but it appears nothing bad so far....

dpiscaling.jpg

You may want to create a separate configuration with the different resolution with text sizes that match closer to the resolution of our main monitor, and window locations (they get kind of wonky), though.

(Thanks for the idea, Retro :))

Edited by Xallo
  • Like 1