Sign in to follow this  
Enuf

'New' cooking update

I have been away from Wurm for over a year. With this new cooking update I want to finally give cooking a go. 

I was wondering what are some of the items I should always keep on hand? I want to try and discover a lot of recipes myself. 

What are some of the newer items I should build to help store all the cooking equipment? Screenshots of peoples kitchens would be awesome. 

With the cooking came a whole range of new things one should always have:

Knife, spoon, and fork; the iron versions we could always smith but never really do anything with

Measuring Jug; can't go without for measuring liquids, made from clay

More cooking containers; pie dish and roasting dish; made from clay, You will also want to revive the old pottery bowl ;)

Mortar and Pestle; needed for grinding spices, made from a marble shard.

Wooden plate; some dishes are prepared just on a plate, made from a wood log

Most common dishes also require an oven, which we abandoned after cooking stew for skill was done.

apart from the utensils stock your FSB with new vegetables (botanize and farm them), assorted meats and fish, botanize spices and herbs, and new and old fruit.

Keep some cows and/or sheep for milking

Read this:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1PhEhJkjNy-jl3_L5mdaQRVzyfdS7MfAt8_iNwSaHYYE/edit

And ....

have fun :)

Barrel rack, Planter rack, Larder(do it quick while it's still winter and you can get the snow) Alchemists cupboard,

Some kind of storage to keep all the utensils in.

The larder is one container to get finished ASAP while there is still snow.  Once there's no longer any snow you'll need to wait till the next Wurm winter to build one that's useful.

The key reason for a larder?  Storing the food items you cook/prepare.  Those meals/foods really won't keep long without decaying without one.