Sign in to follow this  
Rhydonflame

Client wont start | Resolved

My Wurm unlimited client crashed after around 3 hours of my first time playing the game. i purchased and downloaded through steam. and now the launcher will work just fine as it did before but once i select a server the launcher closes and opens the client but the client will crash before anything actually happens. idk if there are any logs that you would need but i will be happy to look as long as people will help. Thank You in advance.

Edited by Rhydonflame

There should be some error logs in your steam/wurm folder, look for one that starts hs_err_pid*  (if several pick the newest one).  A copy of the log named console.charactername.log is often healpful too.

First though i would try rebooting the computer. Often there is something snarled in memory that a reboot clears up easy. Especially if the game was running just fine until the crash.

Edited by Brash_Endeavors

The issue has been resolved. the game for some reason had an issue starting in "windowed fullscreen" mode and i changed it to Windowed mode and it is now working. thank you for your timely response and willingness to help.